Photos of university / #uwebristol
This one-year, full-time MSc in International Management will give you the expertise, knowledge and skills that are required to perform a managerial role in an international organisation.
The course is designed to give you a solid grounding in the knowledge, and analytical and research skills, to be able to work successfully in an international environment with modules covering everything from globalisation to managing people in an international context. There is also a comprehensive personal development programme to equip you with the self management and problem solving skills that are essential for managerial roles.
This popular course attracts talented students from all over the world. You'll be learning alongside people from different nations, cultures and academic backgrounds offering an ideal preparation for working in a global business environment.
This course lasts 12 months, with an average of 15 hours of teaching scheduled a week.
The Postgraduate Certificate is made up of four of the seven core modules detailed below.
- People and Organisations in an International Context explores the challenges, tensions and issues involved in the complex relationships between people and organisations.
- Strategic Analysis allows you to become familiar with economics and strategy terminology and develop an understanding of strategic analysis and practice.
- Delivering Customer Requirements introduces you to marketing and operations management knowledge in the context of understanding customers. We'll look at how to fulfill customers' requirements in ways that give greatest value to both the customers and the organisation.
- Managing Finance develops your understanding of the principles and techniques of information management and managing finance to support decision making in a global context.
- International Management focuses on the management challenges associated with developing strategies and managing the operations of companies whose activities stretch across national boundaries.
- Globalisation focuses on the concepts, structures and dynamics of globalisation, and problems and perspectives of global capitalism.
The Postgraduate Diploma is made up of the remaining core module and two additional option modules.
- Project Management
- Asian Management
- Global Marketing
- Digital Business Information Systems
* The availability of option modules is subject to demand.
- Dissertation: International Management - if you are going on to the full Masters, you will also write a dissertation and study the following module:
- Management Research provides you with the research training sufficient to plan, undertake and manage effectively a dissertation.
Your dissertation gives you the chance to research an area of international management which is of particular interest to you and relevant to your career or company.
Previous dissertation topics include:
- Theories and Determinants of Capital Structure. Evidence from UK Panel Data
- A Critical Analysis of the Perceptions of Employees from Kenya, Tanzania and Ghana on Corporate Social Responsibility
- Website Quality An Assessment Tool Proposal
If you have been out of higher education for a while, we provide skills sessions to help prepare you for studying again as well as sessions for non-native English speakers.