Photos of university / #spb_university
The BA program “International Relations” provides for the basic higher education level. The program is focused on the problems of economic and political development of different countries of the world, the past and present of international relations, the practices and procedures of different international organizations and their activity. It also aims to provide the students with useful practical skills of analysis and forecasting.
The program students study two foreign languages and focus on the issues related to the global problems. They study the activity and agenda of the UN, international governmental organizations and NGOs, the Russian Federation Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other issues.
During a 4-year course of study the students are offered a wide range of disciplines including both humanities such as cultural studies, national history, philosophy, etc., and special courses such as diplomacy, geopolitics, world economy and international economic cooperation, international organizations, political forecasting and many others.
The curriculum of the School of International Relations includes not only lectures, seminars, semester projects and exams: many well-known Russian and foreign politicians, scholars, publicists and diplomats visit the School as guest-lectures or with a master class. The School regularly hosts round-table discussions and seminars, international scientific and student conferences. Due to the existing internship scheme many of the School students have an opportunity to get some hands-on experience and “learn the ropes” of their chosen field of international relations as early as during the second year of their studies.
Core Curriculum (Major Courses, in Russian):
- World Politics: Structures, Trends, and Problems
- Contemporary Political Systems in Comparative Perspective
- History of International Relations
- Theories of International Relations
- Major Issues in Russia’s History and Current Policy
- International Law
- Strategies and Methods of International Negotiation
- International and National Security
- The Foundations of Public Service and Foreign Policy Mechanism of Russia
- The Foundations of Diplomacy and International Civil Service
- Foreign and Foreign Economic Policy of the United States and Canada
- Religious Factor in World Politics
- Africa: Economy and International Relations
- The Concept of Sustainable Development and World Politics
- Contemporary International Relations in Europe
- East and South East Asia: Economy and International Economic Relations
- Contemporary International Relations in the Middle East
- Campus located in a beautiful historic building of Smolny Monastery
- Integrated Resource Center (documents and other resources of European Union, Council of Europe and the United Nations)
- Rooms equipped with PC working stations and multimedia systems, including online and video-conferencing facilities
- Thematic branch of SPSU Gorkovskaya library including remote access to the largest (among Russian universities) collection of reference bases and electronic scholarly resources
- Wireless Internet on campus
- Student café
Our Alumni Work at:
- diplomatic and consular missions of the Russian Federation abroad
- governmental and public institutions, including City Administration of Saint Petersburg, Ministry of Economic Development of Russian Federation, etc.
- Russian and foreign transnational corporations such as Gazprom, VTB, Toyota, Microsoft, Lufthansa
- international organizations, such as United Nations, International Olympic Committee, et.
- universities and research institutions
- mass media
- nongovernmental organizations
Admissions of Russian and foreign citizens are arranged in accordance with the "Rules of admission to St. Petersburg State University for the major educational programs of higher education (undergraduate programs, training programs, graduate programs) in 2014". There are admission quota financed by the federal budget, as well as the fee-paying quota based on contracts with individuals and / or entities.
Admissions of foreign citizens
International applicants can be admitted to SPbU both to places on a fee-paying (contractual) basis and places funded by the Russian Government (on references from the Russian Federation Ministry of Education).
International applicants can be admitted to SPbU both to places on a fee-paying (contractual) basis and to places funded by the Russian Government (Scholarship includes tuition fee).
Admission procedure on a fee-paying (contractual) basis includes entry examinations for foreign applicants.
List of the required documents for application:
1.application form for an educational programm of the relevant level, stated by an Admission Committee;
2.educational certificate/diploma* (or its notarized copy) and its transcript (in case it is provided bu the legal system of a foreighn state that issued the certificate/diploma);
3.copy of identity document;
4.copy of entry visa to the Russian Federation (if there is one);
5.copy of migration card;
6."Stay Regulations for Foreighn Citizens in Russian Federation" sighned;
7.4 (four) photographs 3z4 sm.
How to apply:
1.To register at the Personal Account on the website of Admission Office;
2.To fill an application form for an educational program;
3.Signed application with other documents submit by one of the following ways:
- attach at the Personal Account,
- in person,
- by post.
Deadline for application in 2015:
- April 01 - August 10: for applicants not requiring an entry visa
- April 01 - July 10: for applicants requiring an entry visa
Periods for the admissions tests in 2015:
- May 5 – 19;
- June 15 – 30;
- July 13 – 24;
- August 03 – 17.
*The educational certificate needs to be
- legalised if required
- recognized in the Russian Federation (to have either a recognition certificate or an equivalence certificate if required)
List and Forms of 2015 Admissions Tests for Main Bachelor Programmes at St. Petersburg State University http://abiturient.spbu.ru/images/2015/VI/bak_ino_2015_EN.htm
FOR APPLICANTS ON GOVERNMENT-FUNDED BASIS
Requirements for documents 2014 http://abiturient.spbu.ru/images/2014/foreigns/kriterii_en.htm
As specified in the Governmental decree of Russian Federation (October, 8 2013 № 891"On Fixing an Education Quota for Foreign Nationals and Stateless Citizens in the Russian Federation"), foreign citizens are provided an opportunity to take part in an Competition for state-funded educational places at Universities in Russian Federation, including SPbU (funded from the budget of Russian Federation). Information about order of admission will be available on this page in the terms defined by the Government of the Russian Federation.
Full information on the rules and admission process for undergraduate and graduate programs can be found on the official website of St. Petersburg State University Admissions Commission: http://abiturient.spbu.ru/