Photos of university / #aaustudieliv
Computer games, film and web applications are becoming an increasingly integrated part of the public media discourse as well as an important business domain for media firms. During the financial crises, the computer games industry has, for example, experienced a tremendous growth while more traditional media firms and manufacturing firms have been exposed to an increased pressure.
If you dream about a position as a top manager within the media industry, the specialization in Media Management is a unique opportunity. Focus is on the managing and leading of media firms and on how these firms can cope with future challenges.
Central themes in the programme are:
- Media convergence and technological development new challenges, new opportunities
- Globalization of media firms
- Running media firms in tomorrows complex media landscape
This Cand.scient.techn. programme is a new specialization in the MSc programme Operations and Innovation Management. The study programme started in 2012 and is offered at Copenhagen campus. Everyone who has a bachelor's degree can apply; this includes students with a bachelor degree in humanities, social sciences, business studies, etc. The master's programme builds on top of the competences, which you have acquired through your bachelor's degree. We then provide you with a management centred master's degree with particular focus on the media industries.
Job and career
Job opportunities are typically found in Danish or international media firms, in communication departments of privately held companies, in NGOs and in the public sector.
Focus on globalisation and innovation in media firms. 1st and 2nd semesters combine course work with project writing. The point of departure is the challenges that globalisation and technological convergence create. Media firms are constantly searching for new knowledge, which can enhance their innovation and growth potentials. The teaching also embraces technological innovation and entrepreneurship, organisation, communication and leadership, globalisation of media industries (the political economy of the media industries), media clusters and the changing importance of media in contemporary society to mention but a of few of the specialized topics. Selected courses will be taught in collaboration with the study programme Global Management.
- Media Management: Designing Global Business Systems (or Integrated Solutions) for Media Firms (15 ECTS)
- Researching Business Systems (5 ECTS)
- Managing Global Business Systems and Value Chains (5 ECTS)
- Media Management, Meso (5 ECTS)
- Media Management: Innovation and Technology Management in Media Firms (15 ECTS)
- Innovation and Change Management (5 ECTS)
- Strategy, Organisation and Market Creation (5 ECTS)
- Media Management, Micro (5 ECTS)
During this semester, you design your own semester. You specialise in relevant topics you wish to gain more in-depth knowledge about. This may include an internship in a media firm or taking courses at another university in Denmark or abroad.
- Project in Media Management (30 ECTS)
- Internship (30 ECTS)
- Study abroad (30 ECTS)
Master's thesis. Your Masters thesis will focus on media management and is the culmination of your Master's degree.
- Master's thesis (30 ECTS)