The Rutgers' School of Nursing offers a comprehensive four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing for those pursuing a career in the profession of nursing. Admission to the School of Nursing is open for the fall semester of each year for high school students. The nursing program is a four-year academic program leading to a Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing degree for students applying directly from high school. The School of Nursing does not accept transfer students from non-Rutgers schools into the traditional program. Students interested in transferring must attend another Rutgers school for a minimum of one full year and complete a minimum of 24 credits at Rutgers prior to applying via the school to school transfer application process to the School of Nursing.
The School of Nursing also offers registered nurses the opportunity to obtain a B.S. degree with the R.N. to B.S. in Nursing program.
The BSN for second degree students is designed for students with a bachelor's degree in another field from a regionally-accredited United States college or university and wish to pursue a BSN degree. Following completion of the program students will be eligible to take the NCLEX examination to become a registered nurse. The program can be done as an accelerated 15-month intensive program or a part-time 30-month program that features evening and weekend classes. Note that this program does not currently use the Rutgers Undergraduate Admissions Application and applications are made through the Nursing Centralized Application Services (Nursing CAS).
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline February, October Tuition fee
- USD 13683 Year (National)
- USD 27978 Year (International)
Rutgers - Newark and Rutgers - Health Sciences Campus at NewarkSchool of Nursing:
- B.S. in Nursing
- R.N. to B.S. in Nursing
- BSN for Second Degree Students
Within nursing there are separate specialties of registered nurses. These include: hospital nurses who provide care to patients in hospitals, infirmaries and medical institutions; private duty nurses who negotiate contracts to provide nursing care for patients in the patient's home or patient care institutions; community health nurses who work for town and city government and instruct families on good health techniques; physician's office nurses who help doctors with the examination and treatment of patients in an office setting; and school nurses who plan the objectives and practices for a school's health program in cooperation with medical authorities and school administrators.
Some other specialties in the registered nurse area include the nurse anesthetist who receives special training to administer anesthesia to patients undergoing surgery; nurse midwife who practices the independent management and care of normal newborns and women; nurse practitioner who functions in an expanding nursing role, usually in the ambulatory patient care setting, working closely with physicians.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Our primary emphasis is placed on the students academic promise as demonstrated by:
- completion of required entrance subjects
- academic performance in high school or its equivalent:
- strength of academic program (number/type of academic, honors, or advanced placement courses completed)
- grades and grade trends
- weighted grade-point average(s)
- cumulative rank, when available
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- English Proficiency Examination results, when required
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Rutgers uses your FAFSA to develop a financial-aid package based on your qualifications, financial need and the funds available to the university. Your package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources:
- Gift aid does not require repayment and is divided into three categories: grants (which recognize financial need) and scholarships and awards (which recognize academic merit, special talents, or other achievements).
- Loans must be repaid (usually after graduation) and can come from private lenders as well as federal, state and university sources.
- Work-study allows students to earn money for college expenses while gaining valuable skills - often in their intended field.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.