Photos of university / #umncrookston
Accounting is an information system that represents the economic resources and responsibilities of business or nonbusiness enterprises. Monitored over time, it is used as a decision-making tool for allocating resources and evaluating responsibilities.
Accounting information affects major economic decisions that have national and international impact. The accounting program teaches analytical, theoretical, communication, and leadership skills necessary for effective accounting and advancement in public, private, and government careers.
The program prepares students to become accountants in business and government by providing accounting, business, and liberal education courses.
Program outcomes: graduates will
- Use computer technology for accounting spreadsheet applications and general ledger accounting functions and demonstrate overall literacy in technology
- Develop and demonstrate skills in financial and cost accounting systems that are common to most businesses
- Develop and demonstrate skills in U.S. tax fundamentals for individuals and businesses
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in auditing
- Demonstrate competencies in ethical decision making
- Demonstrate knowledge of liberal education that provides a foundation for the applied curriculum
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development
- Demonstrate skills in communication, working with others, and critical thinking
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline Spring: December 26/Fall: August 14 Tuition fee
- USD 10030 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- Principles of Accounting I
- Principles of Accounting II
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Accounting Systems
- Cost Accounting I
- Cost Accounting II
- Advanced Accounting I
- Advanced Accounting II
- Auditing I
- Auditing II
- Income Tax I
- Income Tax II
- Orientation to Online Learning
- Legal Environment in Business
- Business Law
- Managerial Finance
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Writing
- Writing in Your Profession
English Language Requirements
TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 69
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
Apply to University of Minnesota, Crookston (UMC) as a freshman if you have earned or attempted fewer than 24 semester or 36 quarter college credits after high school graduation. All prospective students are encouraged to apply for admission. Students who have not been granted a standard high school diploma must pass the GED test before they are admitted as a regular student.Application Process:
- Complete an Application for Admission
- Submit a $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official high school transcripts
- Submit ACT or SAT test scores (UMC ACT code 2129)
- Submit official college transcripts for all college credits attempted or earned
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.