Photos of university / #umncrookston
DescriptionThe B.S. in agronomy is a career-oriented program that combines science-based agriculture training and education with a strong liberal arts background to produce graduates skilled in the highly technical fields of agronomic science and crop production. The flexibility of the two tracks, agronomy and crop production enables students to build a thorough understanding of crop science with a concentration in areas such as crop production, agricultural chemicals, fertilizers, integrated pest management, seed conditioning and technology, and other areas related to production and quality in the food and fiber industry.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline Spring: December 26/Fall: August 14 Tuition fee
- USD 10030 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentExperiential learning involves field trips to farms, conditioning plants, and various agricultural businesses as well as campus labs, greenhouses, and growth chambers.
The Bergland Laboratory houses state-of-the-art equipment for scientific investigation.
Students gain real-world and research experience with knowledgeable professors.
Program outcomes - graduates will:
- Demonstrate appropriate skills necessary for employment in agronomic sciences or crop production
- Demonstrate skills in general education and management that provide a foundation for the applied curriculum
- Develop and demonstrate an attitude of continued inquiry and lifelong learning
Apply to University of Minnesota, Crookston (UMC) as a freshman if you have earned or attempted fewer than 24 semester or 36 quarter college credits after high school graduation. All prospective students are encouraged to apply for admission. Students who have not been granted a standard high school diploma must pass the GED test before they are admitted as a regular student.
- Complete an Application for Admission
- Submit a $30 non-refundable application fee
- Submit official high school transcripts
- Submit ACT or SAT test scores (UMC ACT code 2129)
- Submit official college transcripts for all college credits attempted or earned
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.