Rutgers offers the nations only packaging program housed in an engineering school. Rutgers students who enroll in the Packaging Engineering option in Applied Sciences follow the specific Packaging Engineering curriculum, which includes courses in mathematics, chemistry, physics, thermodynamics, computers and business. Students in any major who complete certain coursework may earn a Certificate in Packaging Engineering.
Possible concentrations include: biomedical science/premed (note: a premed curriculum can be completed along with any other engineering major), engineering physics, and packaging engineering. Other fields may be covered to meet the special interests of engineering students. The last two years of the program must be developed with the assistance of a dean.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline October, February Tuition fee
- USD 13813 Year (National)
- USD 28591 Year (International)
Possible Concentrations may include:
- Packaging Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Biomedical Science/Premed
- Specially Designed Curriculum
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Our primary emphasis is placed on the students academic promise as demonstrated by:
- completion of required entrance subjects
- academic performance in high school or its equivalent:
- strength of academic program (number/type of academic, honors, or advanced placement courses completed)
- grades and grade trends
- weighted grade-point average(s)
- cumulative rank, when available
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- English Proficiency Examination results, when required
- Formal talent assessment for applicants to Mason Gross School of the Arts
- personal essay
- participation in programs designed for college preparation
- extracurricular activities, including community, volunteer, and/or U.S. military service
- honors, awards and other achievements
- special talents
- employment history
- family obligations
- socioeconomic background
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Rutgers uses your FAFSA to develop a financial-aid package based on your qualifications, financial need and the funds available to the university. Your package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources:
- Gift aid does not require repayment and is divided into three categories: grants (which recognize financial need) and scholarships and awards (which recognize academic merit, special talents, or other achievements).
- Loans must be repaid (usually after graduation) and can come from private lenders as well as federal, state and university sources.
- Work-study allows students to earn money for college expenses while gaining valuable skills - often in their intended field.
AccreditationThe Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.