Photos of university / #cardiffuni
In Architectural Science we address the development, evaluation and application of principles for sustainable, low-energy, low-Carbon design and management of the built environment, on scales from the individual component, through whole buildings, to communities.
The following areas are of particular strength:
* Sustainable housing design
* Human interaction with the built environment
* Urban planning for sustainability
* Adaptation to climate change
* Health and comfort in buildings and settlements
* Responsive facades
* Naturally ventilated buildings
* Efficient building services
* Alternative and renewable energy supplies
* Low energy and passive heating and cooling
* Waste minimisation in construction
* Development of modelling and simulation methods in architectural science
* Development of design tools and guidance
* Energy and environmental assessment
* Building construction processes
* Research in the design process
* Integrating combined heat and power use with buildings
* Energy performance studies of buildings in use
* Socio-technical transitions to sustainability
* Low-carbon innovation
Suitable for graduates in architecture, planning, engineering, social sciences, computer science and environmental sciences. An upper second class honours degree.
Note: International students pursuing part-time programmes of study are not eligible for Tier 4 General Student) visas and must have alternative leave to remain in the UK if they intend to study at the University in person.
English Language RequirementsIELTS band: 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 600
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa.
The IELTS test is most widely accepted by universities and is also accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK- learn more.
For information on funding and scholarship opportunities available at Cardiff University please see our funding and scholarship search: