The Art Program at RutgersCamden provides its students with the skills and tools necessary to make a splash in the fields of graphic design, animation, illustration, photography, sculpture, painting, or prepare for graduate school. With world-class, professionally active faculty and small class sizes, students in the program receive individualized attention and direction as part of a rigorous liberal arts education. Students may also design their own interdisciplinary majors to prepare for careers in art therapy, medical illustration, advertising, education, and other fields.
Students may also design their own interdisciplinary majors to prepare for careers in art therapy, medical illustration, advertising, and other fields.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- USD 13683 Year (National)
- USD 27978 Year (International)
Course ContentConcentrations are offered in various fields, such as:
- Art History & Museum Studies
- Computer Graphics & Animation
- Graphic Design
- Painting & Drawing
- Printmaking & Photography
- Teacher Certification
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Our primary emphasis is placed on the students academic promise as demonstrated by:
- completion of required entrance subjects
- academic performance in high school or its equivalent:
- strength of academic program (number/type of academic, honors, or advanced placement courses completed)
- grades and grade trends
- weighted grade-point average(s)
- cumulative rank, when available
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- English Proficiency Examination results, when required
- Formal talent assessment for applicants to Mason Gross School of the Arts
- personal essay
- participation in programs designed for college preparation
- extracurricular activities, including community, volunteer, and/or U.S. military service
- honors, awards and other achievements
- special talents
- employment history
- family obligations
- socioeconomic background
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Rutgers uses your FAFSA to develop a financial-aid package based on your qualifications, financial need and the funds available to the university. Your package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources:
- Gift aid does not require repayment and is divided into three categories: grants (which recognize financial need) and scholarships and awards (which recognize academic merit, special talents, or other achievements).
- Loans must be repaid (usually after graduation) and can come from private lenders as well as federal, state and university sources.
- Work-study allows students to earn money for college expenses while gaining valuable skills - often in their intended field.
AccreditationThe Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.