Photos of university / #sdstatepics
Biochemistry is the science that studies the molecular basis for the biological process that takes place in all living organismsplant, animal, or human. As a result, biochemistry is an excellent major for students who are intent on a postgraduate degree in medicine, graduate studies or who would like to work in industries such as biofuels, or pharmaceuticals.Student Learning Outcomes - Upon completing the B.S. in Biochemistry, graduates will demonstrate the following capacities:
- Possess a foundational knowledge of the contemporary theories of biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Apply the foundational knowledge of the field toward answering unknown questions.
- Effectively communicate scientific information in written and verbal formats.
- Safely handle chemical/biological agents and chemical equipment.
- Become proficient in the design and execution of experimental procedures.
- Use a variety of techniques to evaluate experimental outcomes.
- Develop the human skills to work effectively and efficiently in a team setting.
- Efficiently search the relevant chemical literature.
- Develop an understanding of the career opportunities within and outside of the field.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline June for Fall semester; November for Spring semester Tuition fee
- USD 8784 Year (National)
- USD 18044 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentMajor Requirements
- Calculus II
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- University Physics I and Lab
- Transformations of Organic Molecules and Lab
- Intermediate Laboratory Investigations
- Biophysical Chemistry and Lab
- Laboratory Methods- Biochemistry
- Undergraduate Research/Scholarship
- Advanced Biology Electives
- Advanced Chemistry Electives
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than South Dakota State University.
FundingSDSU offers a variety of academic scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, activities participation and leadership.
The B.S. in Biochemistry is pursuing certification by the American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB), which serves as recognition of a high quality and rigorous curriculum.