Photos of university / #yale
Biomedical Engineering at Yale has two related goals: first, the use of the tools and methods of engineering to better understand human physiology and disease; second, the development of new technologies for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of human disease.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline Single-Choice Early Action: November 1, Regular Decision: January 1 Tuition fee
- USD 45800 Year (National)
- USD 45800 Year (International)
Course ContentCourses include:
- Physiological Systems
- Biomedical Engineering I: Quantitative Physiology
- Biomedical Engineering II
- Biomedical Engineering Laboratory
- Biotechnology and the Developing World
- Physical and Chemical Basis of Bioimaging and Biosensing
- Biomedical Microtechnology and Nanotechnology
- Fundamentals of Medical Imaging
- Biomaterial-Tissue Interactions
- Biomedical Image Processing and Analysis
- Biomedical Data Analysis
- Tissue Engineering
- Computational Vision and Biological Perception
- Fundamentals of Neuroimaging
- Common Application and Yale-Specific Questions
- $80 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- School Report (includes Transcript and Counselor Recommendation)
- Standardized test results, including either
- the SAT and Two SAT Subject Tests or
- the ACT Plus Writing Test
- Mid-Year Report (due when first semester or trimester senior grades become available at your school)
If your application materials include any documents that are not in English, you must provide us with an official English translation in addition to the original documents.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Yale University.
Yale admits students for their academic and personal promise without regard to their ability to pay. Concern about cost should not keep students from applying. 100% of demonstrated need will be met.
A financial aid award typically includes a need-based Yale Scholarship and a student contribution (which consists of a term time job and student income). Students are not expected to take out loans. Yale financial aid covers 100% of demonstrated financial need for all undergraduates.
Biomedical Engineering research at Yale includes: non-invasive imaging of brain structure and function, drug delivery systems for treating cancer, and tissue engineering to repair the retina. In the past few years, Yale has aggressively expanded its faculty in the biomedical engineering field, invested in state-of-the-art laboratory space, and launched new educational programs and research initiatives. This process has been animated by a strong commitment on the part of Yales School of Engineering & Applied Science and School of Medicine to mesh their respective strengths into a true partnership.