Assessment of graduate student achievement: * Grades in graduate courses
* Written and oral qualifying examinations assessing ability to think critically, integrate knowledge and understanding, and communicate
* Formal, required annual reviews by faculty advisors and/or committees to gauge student progress
* Placement in positions and careers that require ability and scholarship in those research thrusts in Biomedical Engineering
* Mathematical Modeling for BME
* Research Rotation
* Engineering Ethics
* Structure and Dynamics in Adult and Stem Cell Biology
* Engineering Writing
* Clinical Practicum
* Bioengineering Elective
* Life/Medical Sciences Elective
The admissions committee for Biomedical Engineering reviews GRE General test scores (subject scores are not necessary), performance at previous institutions/universities, at least 3 letters of recommendations, and a personal statement.
English Language RequirementsTOEFL paper-based test score : 590 TOEFL iBT® test: 96
All first year PhD students are supported by departmental or university fellowships or graduate assistantships, which provide stipend, tuition remission, and sometimes student fees for the first year.
After the first year, students will be supported by their advisors through fellowships and graduate assistantships. There are also a number of multi-year fellowships available for advanced students through NSF and NIH training programs. BME also has a limited number of teaching assistantships for graduate students who demonstrate outstanding teaching skills.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.