Photos of university / #nuigalway
The strong and expanding doctoral programme in the J.E. Cairnes School of Business and Economics offers participants a combination of advanced independent research, backed by structured training, which is delivered mainly in the first year. The central work involves the planning, execution and defence of a major thesis, satisfying internal and external examiners that the thesis is a work of serious scholarship. The doctoral programme equips participants with substantial research and writing experience, as well as developing an in-depth expertise in their chosen field. The topic of the thesis is agreed between the student and their supervisor(s) and typically links to the research interests of the supervisor. Acceptance on the programme is subject to finding a suitable supervisor.
Areas of interest
- Accounting and Finance
- Management Information Systems
- You'll need to submit a research proposal along with your application. This application will take two steps:
- A potential supervisor must review and approve
- Submit your applicaton through the online PAC system.
- Masters degree to honours standard (or equivalent international qualification). Other evidence that signifies suitability for the programme.
- All applicants, whose first language is not English, must present one of the following qualifications in the English language. IELTS 6.5. TOEFL 92.
- A personal statement