Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
Speech-language pathologists help children and adults with communicative problems and swallowing disorders. Graduates from the K-State masters program in communication sciences and disorders are equipped to work in many types of settings and treat individuals with a wide range of communication and swallowing disorders. K-State graduates have a 100 percent employment rate, with approximately 50 percent working in a school setting and 50 percent working in a medical setting.
Employment prospects for speech-language pathologists are excellent. Recent projections indicate that demand will remain strong throughout the U.S. for many years to come.
A licensed speech-language pathologist has the option to work in many types of settings, including:
- School systems
- Head Start programs
- Rehabilitation centers
- Private practices
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline May (for Fall intake), October (for Spring intake) Tuition fee
- USD 275 Module (National)
- USD 728 Module (International)
*Tuition fee per credit hourStart date January,September 2015 Credits 120 credit hours
Languages Take an IELTS test
The goal of the program in communication sciences and disorders is to educate professionals who are competent to help children and adults with communicative problems of speech, hearing, and language.
Professional courses (42 credit hours)
- Introduction to Human Development
- The Helping Relationship OR Interaction Techniques with Young Children
- Early Childhood
- Introduction to Phonetics
- Anatomy of the Speech Mechanism
- Hearing Science
- Developmental Psycholinguistics
- Language Assessment and Intervention I
- Disorders of Articulation and Phonology
- Laboratory in Acoustic Phonetics
- Clinical Procedures in Communication Disorders
- Clinical Research in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Basic Audiology
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
- Online international student undergraduate application
- $80 USD application fee
- A copy of your passport photo page
- Affidavit of Financial Support (pdf) and bank statement
- High school and university transcripts
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Kansas State University.
The College of Human Ecology administers a scholarship program. The CSD program administers a number of graduate teaching assistantships that involve the student in teaching CSD course work and labs to undergraduate students. Graduate students are also competitive for GTA and GA positions offered through other campus programs and departments.Undergraduates may be eligible for scholarships through the College of Human Ecology.
The undergraduate program provides the foundation for the MS program in communication sciences and disorders, which is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation and meets the current requirements in speech language pathology for the Certificate of Clinical Competence of the American SpeechLanguage-Hearing Association.