Photos of university / #bournemouthuni
What will I study?
- This course was designed as part of a framework of courses that include the extremely successful course BA (Hons) Computer Visualisation and Animation
- This course provides the opportunity to study how to apply art computer technology to the fundamental principles of the art and craft of animation, films, and games
- It contains specialist units in art practice, visual studies and aesthetic theory
Who should do this course?
- The course is ideal for people who are highly creative and have a passion to use and exploit the creative potential of state of the art computer technology
- Students should demonstrate both intellectual and creative abilities
- Applicants need to show an understanding of the animation industry
- Students require strong technical drawing ability
- Students should possess a strong awareness of the visual arts
- Applicants need to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
What can I do next?
- Graduates will have skills applicable to a wide range of careers in animation, effects and games, but will be especially suited to roles such as director, environment artist, concept artist, character animator or compositor
- Many of our graduates go on to study a postgraduate course at BU
Tell me more
Both the technology and the creative application of this technology have reached such a level of maturity and sophistication that we begin to see a number of quite distinct and specialised application areas emerging which graduates of this course can enter. Such areas are 3D computer animation production, 2D and 3D digital special effects, and computer games.
In particular, the last decade has seen a truly amazing growth in computer animation and its applications. This is manifested in the production of fully synthetic feature films such as Shrek, photorealistic digital special effects such as Star Wars and The Matrix, and a wide range of computer games.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- EUR 10603 Year (EEA)
- EUR 14727 Year (International)
For 2014 entry:
- UK/EU/Channel Islands: £9,000
- International (non-EU): £12,500
To view the course content please visit the course profile on our website.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
The entry requirements for this course are 320 to 340 tariff points, from 3 A-levels, including 120 points from one specified A-level (determined by our academic and admissions team, from the A-levels you are studying), or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM.
Two creative subjects such as Fine Art or Graphic Design or Photography.
Any other creative, visual or technical subject including Dance, Music, Theatre and Drama.
This course does not accept A Level General Studies.
Minimum requirement of 5 GCSE's grade A* - C including English and Maths at grade B or equivalent qualifications.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Bournemouth University.
For fees and funding information, please visit our website.