The course focuses on the core skills and competencies as set out by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) for construction project managers, construction cost managers and quantity surveyors. One of the modules is based on attendance at a programme of CPD sessions delivered as part of the RICS CPD foundation and these are prescribed by the programme manager. The course been designed for full time or part time study by the use of one-week blocks of teaching.
The vocational nature of this programme provides a sound basis for enhancing a wide range of skills and excellent career opportunities in the construction industry.
This course comprises nine modules in total (listed below) one of which is based on attending CPD events and the remaining being taught (each delivered in one week intensive block with the exception of the research project).
* Construction Contract Management CPD;
* Pre-Contract Management Practice;
* Global Project Management Practice;
* Construction Cost Management;
* Financial Management for Construction;
* Strategic Management for Construction;
* Facilities and Asset Management;
* Integrated Project or Integrating Design and Construction Project*;
* Research Project;
* The Integrating Design and Construction Project module has been designed for holders of a non-cognate first degree, i.e. a degree that is not construction related.
To enter the course you should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in an appropriate discipline. English Language Requirements IELTS band: 6.5 IMPORTANT NOTE: Since April 2014 the ETS tests (including TOEFL and TOEIC) are no longer accepted for Tier 4 visa applications to the United Kingdom. The university might still accept these tests to admit you to the university, but if you require a Tier 4 visa to enter the UK and begin your degree programme, these tests will not be sufficient to obtain your Visa. The IELTS test is most widely accepted by universities and is also accepted for Tier 4 visas to the UK- learn more.
Merit Scholarship SchemeMerit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
* Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University.
* Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
* There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.
University Research Studentship SchemeOccasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.
Science Without BordersBrazilian students are able to apply for full scholarship - including tuition fees and accommodation - to study undergraduate sandwich programmes at Coventry University.
Commonwealth Scholarship SchemeThe Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK, as part of the UK's contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
Scholarships for PhD and split-site (PhD) study
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
* Scholarships for Masters, PhD, or split-site (PhD) study at UK universities
* Shared Scholarships for Masters study at selected UK universities
If you are a citizen of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
* Scholarships for undergraduate study at UK universities
Ferguson Trust ScholarshipsFerguson Trust Scholarships are made available through the generosity of The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development. The Trust supports people from low-income and conflict-affected regions who want to improve their knowledge of peace and reconciliation. Scholarship amounts vary and are dependent on individual circumstances and assessment.