Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
Many economists analyze data to determine underlying relationships and trends, to predict the consequences of government policy or to develop forecasts of future activity. Because such work involves mathematics or statistics and often deals with current issues, students who have such interests should consider studying economics.
Economics is an exciting and critically important field of study. The intensive study of economics
provides a framework of thinking that would serve you well in a variety of vocations.
- What are the consequences of large federal budget deficits, the level of U.S. debt and the debt ceiling?
- What is the impact of international trade on an economys output, employment and standard of living?
- What are the causes and consequences of the recent financial crisis?
- What are the economic effects of illegal immigration into the U.S.?
- What should be done to assure the long-range viability of Social Security and Medicare?
- What policies and economic arrangements can protect the environment while minimizing costs to the economy?
On a more practical level, the study of economics develops skills that are in demand by virtually every type of business. You will be equipped to interpret and forecast the impact of government policies, market trends and international trade. By applying economic principles, you will be able to increase efficiency and productivity.Economists employed in the business sector work as:
- Financial analysts
- Marketing analysts
- Management trainees
- Project managers
An economics degree will also prepare you for a variety of positions with federal and state governments, quasi-government agencies such as the Federal Reserve, and research and policy institutes. Law school admissions officers look favorably on economics majors because economics teaches students to think analytically and rigorously.
Economics majors who plan to teach at colleges or universities will need to go to graduate school first. But unlike many social scientists, economists are primarily employed in nonacademic pursuits. A recent study indicates that starting salaries of economics majors rank near the top among various disciplines.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline May (for Fall intake), October (for Spring intake) Tuition fee
- USD 275 Module (National)
- USD 728 Module (International)
*Tuition fee per credit hourStart date January,September 2015 Credits 120 credit hours
Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentRequirements for an economics major for either the B.A. or B.S. degree:
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics OR Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- Senior Seminar in Economics
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
- Online international student undergraduate application
- $80 USD application fee
- A copy of your passport photo page
- Affidavit of Financial Support (pdf) and bank statement
- High school and university transcripts
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Kansas State University.
The department offers more than 20 undergraduate scholarships. Teaching and research assistantships are available to promising graduate students. Teaching assistants also receive a tuition waiver.In addition, the department offers five supplemental awards to graduate students:
- The Carroll B. Greene Fellowship is awarded to an outstanding female graduate student.
- The M. Jarvin Emerson Scholarship honors the top third- or fourth-year Ph.D. student each year.
- The John A. Nordin Award is given annually to the student achieving the top performance in graduate courses in economic theory and the Ph.D. qualifying exam in economic theory.
- The E.S. Bagley Graduate Fellowship is awarded to an outstanding new graduate student.
- The James Ragan Memorial Scholarship recognizes outstanding academic achievement by a Ph.D. student.
K-States theatre program is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre, and it is the only accredited program in Kansas.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Accreditation:Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.