M.A. and Ph.D. programs in economics are offered in a full-time day program at the Graduate School, located on the New Brunswick campus of Rutgers. The broad objectives of the program are: * to provide rigorous training in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometrics, as well as in advanced fields
* to develop students' abilities to think about economic questions clearly and critically and to carry out independent research
* to generate an intellectually stimulating atmosphere among graduate students and faculty
* to place graduating students in attractive employment upon completion of their M.A. or Ph.D. degree
* Micro-Theory II
* Macroecon Theory II
* Econometrics I
* Econometrics II
* APP Econometrics Micro
* Public Economics II
* American Econ Hist
* Seminar In Econometrics
* Seminar in Macroeconomics
* Individual Study In Economic
* Res In Economics
* Personal statement, official transcripts, resume, and three letters of recommendation. Writing Sample is strongly encouraged. In order for a TOEFL waive, applicant must have minimum of 3 years of schooling in U.S. University. A master's degree from a U.S. University is not sufficient for a TOEFL waive.
* GRE General. TOEFL/IBT or IELTS for International Students. Two semesters of calculus, linear algebra and statistics required for degree and non-degree.
* Include in your personal statement your academic background and career objectives.
English Language RequirementsTOEFL paper-based test score : 550
All first year PhD students are supported by departmental or university fellowships or graduate assistantships, which provide stipend, tuition remission, and sometimes student fees for the first year.After the first year, students will be supported by their advisors through fellowships and graduate assistantships.
There are also a number of multi-year fellowships available for advanced students through NSF and NIH training programs. BME also has a limited number of teaching assistantships for graduate students who demonstrate outstanding teaching skills.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.