The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.Learners will develop skills in:
- critical reflection
- investigation and application of educational theory to practice
- evaluation, execution and effective communication of educational research
- intercultural competence
- the creation and participation in communities of learners as professionals
- leadership for educational reform
Research and Discovery
Generate and preserve knowledge, understanding, and creativity by conducting high-quality research, scholarship, and artistic activity that benefit students, scholars, and communities across the state, the nation, and the world.
Teaching and Learning
Share that knowledge, understanding, and creativity by providing a broad range of educational programs in a strong and diverse community of learners and teachers, and prepare graduate, professional, and undergraduate students, as well as non-degree-seeking students interested in continuing education and lifelong learning, for active roles in a multiracial and multicultural world.
- Introduction to Graduate Study
- Foundations of Teaching and Learning: Curriculum Theory and Design
- Educational Action Research and Inquiry
- Human Diversity and Exceptionality
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Integrated Research in Practice
- Ethics and Professionalism in Education
- Research Project
The University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association.