Photos of university / #vduni
The study programme focuses on developing values and skills based on the concept of an energy technology innovation system vital to understand key features and drivers of energy innovations in a forthcoming. A broad array of energy and natural resource-related courses are offered.
Given the emerging pressure to confront most dramatic energy problems of modern society using the tools of both the business and public policy worlds, the emphasis is made to understand both of these disciplines in addition to the fundamental science, engineering, and environmental perspectives. The program aims to accelerate the development and commercialization of low-cost, clean and efficient energy technologies.
After completed study programme students will be able:
- To identify and recognize energy driven processes and phenomena in the nature;
- To apply concepts of engineering, economics, management and policy to problems of engineering systems;
- To analyze and estimate energy technologies innovations including traditional and alternative energy sources, energy transformation and storage technologies;
- To estimate fuel expenditures and waste use for energy production possibilities;
- To analyze energy production, conversion and storage processes;
- To evaluate the socio-economic, technological, and ecological benefits and risks of inovations of energy technologies;
- To design, conduct and analyze experimental studies for engineering systems with a strong socio-technical component;
- To apply economics and juridical principles to perform environmental pollution estimation.
The BA programme in Energy Technologies provides three general areas for graduates: Companies related to energy generation and distribution; small enterprises involved in development of new alternative energy sources and theirs applications.
Research organizations working on the research and development of new energy sources; governmental organizations responsible on the development of the national energy program. Environmental organizations which involved in the studies of energy affects on the environment.
The BA programme in Energy Technologies provides the following study opportunities in MA level:
- Physical Sciences (Energy and Environment, Applied Physics)
- Energy Sources (Renewable Energy, Wind Energy, Power Plants, Sustainable Energy Development)
- Technologies (Energy Technologies, Electric Technologies, Materials Science)
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline July 20 Tuition fee
- EUR 2212 Year (EEA)
- EUR 3300 Year (Non-EEA)
Application fee 172,64 / 50 EURStart date September 2015 Credits (ECTS) 240 ECTS
One year of studies is equal to 60 ECTS credits, divided to 30 per semesterDuration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Area of studies: Technological Sciences
Faculty: Faculty of Natural Sciences
Mode of Studies: Full-time
Length of Programme: 4 academic years (240 ECTS)
Name of Qualification: Bachelor in Energy Technologies
GENERAL STUDY PART (C1)
- Algebra and Geometry
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
- Numerical Methods and Programming
- Energy Economics
- Mechanics and Molecular Physics (Physics I)
- Computer Graphics
- Electromagnetism and Optics
- General and Analytical Chemistry
- Machine Mechanics
- Electronics and Automation
- High-tech Energy Technologies
- Energy CoNversation Technologies
- Electrical Machines
- Thermal Energy
- Computer Controlled Energy Systems
- Innovative Technologies Management
- Electrical Power Systems
- Energy and Policy
- Environment and Development
- Energy Law
- Environmental Economics and Law
Total amount of credits in group: 109
SPECIAL STUDY PART (C2)
- Hydrogen Technologies
- Renewable Energy Sources
- Professional Language of Natural Sciences
- Conventional Energy Sources
- Metrology of Energy Technologies
- Energy-Saving Technologies
- Energy Storage and Transmission
- Energy Technologies and Environmental Protection
- Energy Security
Total amount of credits in group: 44
- Research Project
- Professional Practice
- Bachelor Thesis
All application documents must arrive at the International Office at VMU by the application deadline and must be either in English or Lithuanian language. The translation must be certified by a Notary. Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be processed.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Vytautas Magnus University.