Hokkaido University’s English Engineering Education Program (e3) is one of only a few programs offered in Japan that covers almost all fields in Engineering. Whatever branch of engineering you are interested in studying, you will find an engineering course at Hokkaido University that meets your needs. In our Program, you will be studying engineering at one of Japan’s most prestigious universities in an atmosphere where knowledge, research, and expertise is shared; where learning and intellectual growth are stimulated and cherished. If you’re looking to share in the advanced knowledge in the field of Engineering that Japan is renowned for, in a multi-cultural environment where English is the main spoken language, the e3 program is for you.
Our School of Engineering is Hokkaido University’s largest, with over 2,200 undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students including a large proportion from overseas.
To qualify for the degree of master, you must satisfactorily earn a minimum of 30 credits from coursework and pass a thesis defense.
- A minimum of 16 credits must come from courses offered by your Division/Subject Group. However, if deemed necessary by your supervisor, 2 credits may come from a new course (introduced after your enrollment) or courses offered by other Divisions or other graduate schools within or outside Hokkaido University including those overseas.
- A minimum of 4 credits come from courses offered by another Division/Subject Group.
- The remaining 10 credits come from laboratory seminar.
- TOEFL 79/TOEIC 730/ IELTS 6 or equivalent
Choose your Division!
- Environmental Engineering
- Field Engineering for Environment
- Human Environmental Systems
- Human Mechanical Systems and Design
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Architectural and Structural Design
- Energy and Environmental Systems
- Engineering and Policy for Sustainable Environment
- Mechanical and Space Engineering
- Quantum Science and Engineering
- Sustainable Resources Engineering
- Hold a 4 year bachelor’s degree
- Have above average grades – 3.0 on a 4 point GPA Scale*
- Have English proficiency to the equivalency of IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 79, TOEIC 670, or MTELP 75.
* If your grade is below the minimum requirement, you may either appear for an entrance exam at the University or enroll as a research student first and then take the entrance exam after you arrive in Sapporo
- MEXT scholarship