Photos of university / #dundeeuni
UCAS Code: M111
Dundee is a truly unique law school. We offer a modern, forward looking approach to learning and a rigorous preparation for the professional world, whether in the legal sphere or elsewhere.
With an intake of only 140 at level 1 we take a personal and supportive interest in our students. A strong emphasis is placed on staff accessibility and on small group teaching involving our most senior staff.
We have close links with employers and we offer programmes to support and develop the employability of our students. Our good reputation throughout the profession and close links with employers help Dundee graduates to find employment.
*Also available as joint degrees with MA subjects e.g. European Studies (ES), history (H), philosophy (Ph), politics (P). Please enter the relevant option code (in brackets) under 'Further Details' in the 'choices' section of the UCAS application.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline January 15 Tuition fee
- EUR 2060 Year (EEA)
- EUR 10420 Year (Non-EEA)
Tuition fees are approximate and dependent upon currency exchange rates.Start date September 2015 Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Level 1 (120 Credits)
- English Law of Contract (20/1)
- English Law of Tort (20/1)
- English Criminal Law (20/1)
- Legal Method and Systems (20/1)
- Law and Society (20/1)
- Constitutional Law (20/1)
Level 2 (120 Credits)
- English Law of Equity and Trusts (20/1)
- English Law of Property (20/1)
- 20 credit Level 2 subject (20/1)
- 10 credit Level 2 subject (20/1)
- EC Law (20/1)
- Administrative Law (20/1)
- Evidence (20/1)
Level 3 (120 Credits)
A choice of 4 subjects (4 x 30 credits)
- Commercial Contracts
- Consumer Protection
- Conveyancing Practice
- Criminal Justice
- Critical Legal Theory
- Employment Law
- English Law of Obligations
- English Criminal Law & Process
- European Law and Institutions
- Family, Law and Society
- International Human Rights Law
- International Private Law
- Introduction to Legal History
- Planning Law
- Public International Law - International Conflict
- Roman Law
Level 4 (120 Credits)
A choice of 2 subjects (2 x 30 credits) and Dissertation (60 credits)
- Company Law
- Comparative Charity Law
- English Law of Trusts and Land
- Environmental Law
- Gender and the Law
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Criminal Law
- Public International Law - Marine Resources
- Medicine and the Law
- Nationality and Immigration Law
- Minimum Requirements:
SQA Higher, first sitting: AABB/ABBBB
SQA Higher, two sittings: AABBB/ABBBBB
GCE A-Level: ABB (excluding General Studies)
ILC Higher: AABB/ABBBB
IB Diploma: 32 points with 6, 5, 5 at HL
- Essential Subjects:
English at B (Higher, ILC H, HL) or English or a literary subject at B (AS) and mathematics or a science (SG at 2, Int2 at B, GCSE at B, Ord at B, SL at 5).
- Advanced Entry (to level 2):
Advanced entry to second year (level 2) is not available on the basis of Advanced Highers or A-Levels or HND.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Dundee.
Law Society and Bar Council.