Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
The Family Studies and Human Services department offers a Master of Science degree in Family Studies and Human Services with a specialization in Family Studies. The M.S. program in Family Studies provides students with a foundation of knowledge and skills in interdisciplinary social science related to family.
Students may specialize in the area of Family Life Education (focusing on the development and implementation of educational programs designed to enrich and enhance individual and family well being) or develop research skills to investigate family phenomena. Course work is tailored to the backgrounds and professional goals of each student, with emphasis on human development and family studies, and on program development and evaluation.
In planning the masters students program of study, we encourage a broad orientation, through experience and course work, to the various aspects of family studies, family life education, family resource management and professional issues. The students committee will work with him/her to develop course work and other professional experiences to provide both the recommended background and a specific focus most related to the students professional goals.
* Introduction to Family Studies and Human Services Graduate Program
* Family Resource Management
* Family Studies
* Contemporary Family Theories
* Family Life Education Foundation and Methods
* Research Methods in FSHS I
* Professional and Ethical Issues in Family Studies
Most graduate students are able to finance their education with a variety of financial assistance tools specific to graduate school:
* Graduate Assistantships: Funded by individual departments and graduate programs, teaching, research and graduate assistantships are awarded based on a student's ability and promise.
* Graduate Fellowships
* Loans: Loans are available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have successfully applied for financial assistance
* Traineeships: Traineeships are offered through the university or departments that have federally supported traineeships.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.