Photos of university / #kingstonuniversity
The Financial Economics MA aims to:
- develop your knowledge of a range of key analytical skills relevant to study and research into the workings of the financial sector.
- develop a mastery of fundamental principles of macroeconomic and microeconomic theory.
- enable you to develop an understanding of the use of applied tools in econometrics and economic policy.
- provide you with an opportunity to develop a deep familiarity with major issues in economic history and economic thought since the early modern period.
Our masters courses specifically address the typical requirements of those employed as economists in business or government clear, lucid communication rather than highly technical analysis.What will you study?
The Financial Economics MA will enable you to master the core range of economic analysis, key analytical skills and empirical background necessary to pursue advanced level research into contemporary issues in financial economics. You will receive thorough grounding in macroeconomic and microeconomic analysis, applied econometrics, a range of approaches for dealing with economic policy issues, and the long term historical and conceptual context of the contemporary issues and debates taking place in economics as a general discipline.
In the Financial Economics module you will acquire advanced knowledge of both the microeconomic aspects of the discipline (eg corporate finance) and the broader macroeconomic issues surrounding financial innovation and systemic instability.
- Applied Econometrics and Economic Policy
- Economic Change and Ideas
- Financial Economics
- Macro- and Microeconomic Theory
- Economics Dissertation
- All alumni of Kingston University, who have been awarded a bachelors degree are entitled to a 10% discount on their tuition fees.
- The alumni discount of 10% applies to home, EU and overseas fee payers.