Photos of university / #dundeeuni
UCAS Code: L700
Geography at Dundee will provide you with the opportunity to examine some of the most exciting and challenging questions concerning the world's human and physical environments. Explore issues ranging from global concerns, such as climate change or relationships between the developed and developing worlds, to more local matters such as flooding and urban regeneration.
As a geographer at Dundee you will learn how to apply your knowledge in order to analyse and solve a wide range of environmental, social and regional problems. You will be taught by lecturers who received the highest possible scores from the National Student Survey 2010. We were ranked 1st in the UK for student satisfaction and 100% of our students were satisfied with the teaching on their course.
The four-year MA (Honours) degree offers a range of subjects from business, the environment, humanities, and psychology. It has been designed to maximise flexibility in course choices both for the specialist and the generalist.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline January 15 Tuition fee
- EUR 2060 Year (EEA)
- EUR 10420 Year (Non-EEA)
Tuition fees are approximate and dependent upon currency exchange rates.Start date September 2015 Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- A World in Crisis? Population and Environment
- A World of Plenty? Development and Resources
Plus 4 other modules including at least 2 appropriate Science-based modules for BSc degrees.
In Level 2 you will be introduced to the key sub-disciplines of human and physical geography and you will also begin to learn about how to 'do' geography through instruction on practical and field techniques.
- Dynamic Human Worlds: Society, Culture, Economy
- Dynamic Physical Worlds: Earth, Water and Ice
- Plus 4 other modules including at least 2 appropriate Science-based modules for BSc degrees.
In Levels 3 and 4 there is a range of options in human and physical geography which allow you the flexibility to specialise in particular areas of geography, or to combine your interests across the range of the subject.
A further feature of the course in Level 3 is the overseas field course for Single Honours Geography students. In recent years we have visited Spain, the Italian Alps and Malta where themes developed in lecture courses are applied to different landscapes through project-based work and group teaching.
- Research Methods & Field Skills
- Geographical Concepts and Techniques
plus 2 optional modules (from a choice of):
- Migration and Ethnicity
- Glacial Processes and Environments
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Urban Geography
- Geographical Information Systems
- Geographies of Health
- Geographies of Power
During Level 4 you will also complete a Dissertation, an independent piece of geographical research which provides you with the opportunity to study a topic of your choice in considerable depth.
plus 3 optional modules (from a choice of):
- Catchment Sediment Dynamics
- Geographical Information Systems (Advanced)
- Advanced Hydrology and Water Resources
- Advanced Urban Geography
- Coastal and Estuarine Geoscience
- Environmental Resource Management
- Geographies of Health (Advanced)
- Geographies of Power (Advanced)
- Critical Reading and Review Essay
- Minimum Requirements:
SQA Higher: ABBB
GCE A-Level: BCC
ILC Higher: ABBB
IB Diploma: 30 points with 5, 5, 5 at HL
- Advanced Entry (level 2):
SQA Advanced Higher: BB+BB (H) in different subjects
GCE A-Level: ABB
IB Diploma: 34 points with 6, 6, 5 at HL
- Essential Subjects:
Geography (AH, A-L, HL)
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Dundee.