Photos of university / #tilburguniversity
Information and information technology (IT) have increasingly become an integral part of products and services and form the foundation of business processes. Organisations must know how to make the right choices with respect to new IT systems and, at the same time, ensure that existing business processes continue to receive a high quality service from IT. Getting more value from IT is an increasingly important organisational competency. The IMMIT program is designed to address these new Information & Management challenges.
The IMMIT program is a multiple degree program jointly offered by IAE Aix Graduate School of Management, Aix Marseille Université (France), Turku University (Finland) and Tilburg University (The Netherlands).
IMMIT offers you:
- A highly innovative program for top students
- The possibility to earn 3 Master's degrees from highly reputed European universities in 2 years
- A unique experience in an international classroom that will broaden your views on Business and IT
- Small sized classes
- A strong international orientation
- Internships are offered, which means fast track career opportunities
Challenging career options
The IMMIT program is designed to prepare students with a background (bachelor) in either business and/or information technology / computer science to become hybrid managers at the interface between Information Systems (IS) and business functions within an increasingly international business context, for example:
- Manager of international IS projects: e.g., deploying global ERP systems
- IS management positions, e.g. Chief Information Officers (CIO), IT manager, Information Manager
- Business analyst /Designer of systems to support transnational operationsIS strategy consultant in internationally operating companies
- Manager of IT Offshore Outsourcing
- IT Entrepreneur
- Tilburg University was founded in 1927 as a school of economics and regularly takes the leading position in the international rankings.
- Tilburg is your gateway to Europe, only 10 km from the Belgian border and fast connections to all major European cities (Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, London etc.).
- IAE Aix-en-Provence part of the Université Paul Cézanne, Aix-Marseille III is located in the South of France, within Frances second largest metropolitan area after Paris.
- IAE, Aix-en-Provence is the only French public university entity to receive dual international accreditation: the European standard of excellence EQUIS in 1999, and the AMBA accreditation in 2004.
Turku School of Economics,Turku University
- Turku School of Economics (TSE) is one of the largest institutes in Finland for education in economic science. TSE is part of University of Turku.
- The University of Turku is an internationally acknowledged, multidisciplinary scientific university located on the Southwest coast of Finland, in the vivid student city of Turku. With 21,000 students and 3,000 employees, it is one of the major universities in Finland.
For more information about each of the participating universities, please check the websites of the individual institutions.
One unique aspect of this programme is the IMMIT cohort experience, which means that you will start and finish the programme with the same group of students. The cohort moves each semester to a new European location. From France, to Finland and then to The Netherlands. The location of the last semester (internship and Masters thesis) could be anywhere in Europe. However, the location for EU students must be different from the country in which the student has obtained his/her last university degree.
Programme structure and learning outcomes
The IMMIT programme degree totals 120 ECTS credits, to be completed in 2 years full-time studies. The language of instruction is English. The first semester will start in August at IAE Aix-en-Provence. The emphasis will be on the foundations of international business. The semester will finish in December and in January the students will move to the University of Turku in Finland to start the second semester.
The main focus of the second semester will be on skills in IT management. The second semester will finish in May. The third semester will start at Tilburg University in September and the emphasis shifts towards integration issues such as the role of IT in business transformation, management of IT-based innovation and more specialized topics in international IT management.
The fourth semester starts in February and is devoted to thesis work, which includes an internship in an international operating company. This internship could be anywhere in the world, although most IMMIT students find an internship position in Europe.
YEAR 1, Semester 1, Courses at IAE Aix
Fundamental of Management and multicultural environment track (total 30 ECTS):
Finance (9 Ects):
- Business similation games
Multicultural (9 Ects):
- Multicultural environment
- International seminar
- Language courses
General Management (9 Ects)
- International Marketing
- International Strategy
- Project management
ICT (3 Ects):
- Management of Information System and Data Governance
YEAR 1, Semester 2, Courses at Turku
Fundamental of ITC and research track (total 30 ECTS):
- - Management of ICT services (incl. governance)
- - Management of IT business
- - IS Evaluation
- - Research methods
- - Language courses
YEAR 2 Semester 1, Courses at Tilburg
Integration and career tracks: (total 30 ECTS):
- - Advanced Resource Planning, 6 ECTS
- - Business Transformation, 6 ECTS
- - Enterprise Architecture as a Business Strategy, 6 ECTS
- - Enterprise Governance of IT, 6 ECTS
- - Strategic Sourcing, 6 ECTS
YEAR 2 Semester 2: Real life experience (total 30 ECTS):
Internship and Master Thesis
Please note that the detailed content of the IMMIT programme is preliminary and may be subject to some minor changes for the Academic Years 2013-2015.
In the last few years, IMMIT students have found internship opportunities in companies like Heineken, Shell, Philips, SAP, Google, KPMG, PWC, Deloitte Consulting, Areva, IF Insurance, Nokia, DHL, Software Improvement Group, Lafarge and Eurocopter.
IMMIT Scholarships for excellent students
The IMMIT consortium has 5 scholarships available for excellent students who are admitted to the IMMIT programme.
The IMMIT Scholarship includes:
- A partial tuition fee waiver offered by IAE Aix between 500 and 2800 (EU or non-EU students) for the first year of the IMMIT programme, depending on financial capacity and academic excellence.
- A partial tuition fee waiver of 4098 for non-EU students for the second year of the IMMIT programme.
Please note that all admitted students are automatically considered for an IMMIT scholarship, provided that the complete application package has been received before the deadline of 1 April 2014. Those students, who are selected for an IMMIT scholarship, will be notified by the IMMIT Consortium before the end of May 2014.
Other financial support
Admitted IMMIT students are encouraged to look for other scholarship opportunities. In addition, previous IMMIT cohorts have received generous internship allowances (up to 1000 per month) during the fourth semester of the IMMIT program, which were provided by companies like Shell, Philips, Deloitte, PWC etc. In addition, EU-students may be eligible for an Erasmus Grant, which applies to the second (Turku) and third semester (Tilburg) of the IMMIT programme.