Photos of university
The MSc in international business and management prepares knowledgeable and action-oriented young professionals for an energetic entry into the globally competitive world of business.
The ALBA MSc in International Business and Management is designed for:
- Recent graduates from any discipline who wish to work in business and management
- Recent graduates in business, management or economics seeking in-depth insight into the mechanisms of the global economy as well as the strategy and operations of the international corporation
- Young professionals with limited experience who want to enhance their employability in the local and the international labor market
The MSc in International Business and Management is a one year program which commences every September. Courses are taking place during weekdays between 18:00 - 22:00.
The Program starts with a brief preparatory period, which gives an intensive induction.Then through lectures, case studies and group project-based work during the core modules, students will gain the knowledge of key management areas developing the skills related to modern management techniques.
The elective courses and the dissertation at the final stage of the program help students become independent thinkers as they will critically assess and challenge the established models of management and propose innovative ways of addressing key challenges at work.
During the spring/summerinternship, students will come full circle, connecting the knowledge, models and skills learnt in class with the everyday practice of business and management.
An Internship brings together the academic with the business world, providing benefits both to students and companies. Due to its importance, the internship has the statue of a course.
Highlights of the Program:
- Distinct focus on the architecture of the global trade and financial systems
- An applied perspective within every single course, culminating with the strategic business planning capstone course
- Mandatory summer internship for all students
- Extensive opportunities to take courses abroad through student exchange agreements with a large network of top Business Schools worldwide.
- Optional research dissertation for those interested in pursuing a PhD
- Graduates of the MSc in International Business and Management choosing to take The ALBA MBA after having acquired the necessarywork experience, will have three courses waived, in addition to the ALBA Alumni discount (Rules and conditions apply)
Period 1 (September October)
- Financial Accounting (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Quantitative methods for business (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- Business Economics (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Managing People & Organizations (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 2 (November December)
- International Financial Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Research Methods (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Marketing Planning: a global view (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Global Business & Trade (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 3 (January February)
- Management Accounting (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- Managing Export Growth (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Production & Operations Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Strategic Business Planning (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 4 (March April)
- International Experience (The equivalent of 2 full courses, 56 contact hours, 12 ECTS)
Period 5 (May-July)
- Internship OR Dissertation (28 hours, 6 ECTS)
ALBA Graduate Business School has always been dedicated in offering educational programs of the highest academic standards in the area of Business Administration, as well as a strong framework of personal development and social responsibility. We benchmark our strategies and processes against global norms in business education and we are driven by a commitment to meet and exceed the international standards. The continuous improvement of our academic and administrative processes, our people and faculty, our corporate culture as well as our passion for quality in education, create a stimulating environment for those that invest in ALBA Graduate Business School for their personal and professional development.
All our MBA programs are accredited from the Association of MBAs (AMBA),while both the MSc in Finance and MSc in Strategic HRM programs are EPAS (EFMD Programme Accreditation System) accredited.
These accreditations position us within a select group of business schools across the world, while they constitute another decisive step towards the accomplishment of our vision, which is to become one of the leading research-driven business schools in Europe, on the basis of excellence of teaching and intellectual impact on the business world, attracting outstanding faculty and students from all over the world.