Photos of university / #uni_southampton
The capacity to apply business law is a highly sought after skill in todays competitive, and increasingly interdependent, legal world. Our programme will provide you with an opportunity to expand your knowledge of business law, will develop your analytical, evaluative and research skills and ultimately maximise your career opportunities.
We offer a comprehensive range of modules that cover international trade law, business law, competition law, corporate governance, Intellectual Property (IP) and legal regulation.
While our students are typically law graduates, this programme will also be of interest to business and legal professionals working in the national and international commercial sector. The programme will leave graduates well prepared for careers in private practice, industry, international organisations, or in government service.
Students are free to select any 4 subjects from the list below and will also write a dissertation on a subject of their choice.
* LAWS6088 Carriage by Air
* LAWS6077 Commercial Conflict of Laws & International Litigation
* LAWS6070 Commercial fraud and money laundering
* LAWS6066 Commercial Secured Financing
* LAWS6079 Comparative Intellectual Property Law
* LAWS6081 Corporate Governance
* LAWS6098 Remedies and Commercial Litigation under EU Law
* LAWS6086 International Commercial Arbitration
* LAWS6062 International Law of the Sea
* LAWS6064 International Trade Law
* LAWS6071 Internet Law
* LAWS6102 Law of the marine environment
* LAWS6068 World Trade Organisation and Regional Economic Integration
* LAWS6101 EU Competition Law
Please note: This specification provides a concise summary of the main features of the programme and the learning outcomes that a typical student might reasonably be expected to achieve and demonstrate if s/he takes full advantage of the learning opportunities that are provided. More detailed information can be found in the programme handbook (or other appropriate guide).