Photos of university / #uofglasgow
The Masters in International Real Estate & Management provides you with a detailed understanding of the global real estate industry and modern business principles, techniques and contextual conditions.
The programme is tailored for those who anticipate a career with international professional real estate service advisers or corporate real estate management in international or multinational corporations. It combines a balanced coverage of core real estate principles and financial decision-making methods with a specialised focus on the management of real estate resources within a corporate context.
- If you want to establish a career as a chartered surveyor, primarily as a member of the Management Consultancy or Commercial Property Professional Groups of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), this programme is designed for you.
- You will understand how real estate can support the core activities of any organisation and enable you to make informed financial decisions through the application of real estate valuation and appraisal techniques.
- There is significant input from industry in shaping our programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations. We will also support you in arranging professional work placements.
- We are widely recognised as one of Europe's leading centres of urban research. In the most recent independent review of research quality (RAE 2008), Urban Studies at Glasgow was rated in the UKs top ten.
- Professional accreditation is being sought from the RICS.
You will take a series of core courses and optional courses, and undertake a dissertation or a major project in real estate.
Core courses in semester 1 are multi-disciplinary in nature and use lectures, seminars, tutorials and cases studies to focus on the urban development and planning theories, principles and policies. These are necessary for you to build a thorough understanding of how urban areas and economics function. In addition, you will gain an appreciation of real estate values and apply valuation and appraisal principles and techniques in practice-based activities.
In semester 2, activities and assessments, field and team work, in addition to project and IT lab skills will further develop your core real estate and management skills.
- Advanced real estate valuation and appraisal
- Development process
- International real estate analysis
- Professional practice, ethics and management
- Marketing management
- Managing strategic change
- Real estate valuation and appraisal
- Real estate markets
- Strategic real estate management.
- Development economics
- Project management
- Operations management
- Real estate finance and investment.
As a commitment to supporting students and rewarding academic excellence, the University of Glasgow offers a wide range of financial support.
The University of Glasgow also offers funding opportunities to its current students wanting to carry out a project or a piece of research away from the University.
The University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School has accreditations by the following professional bodies:
- Accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Accredited by the Association of MBAs (for the MBA programme)
- Accreditation by professional accountancy bodies
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
We are also members of the Association of Business Schools and of theEuropean Foundation for Management Development.