Photos of university / #neareaster.official
The Department of International Relations focuses on the issues relevant to political, business, and socio-cultural relations that shape the relations amongst the societies, states and institutions in various parts of the world. The rationale of the department is to train students by developing their conceptual knowledge and skills in dealing with the issues in this field with ultimate success, as well as opening horizons of research and exploration to reach the best possible achievement in the field of international relations. The department aims to practice its courses with distinctive competence in accordance with the objectives and requirements declared by the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences. Our vision is to be a leading model for all who seek intellectual vitality in a learner-centred and socially responsible academic community in international relations. Our mission is to equip our students with the knowledge and skills on a broad intellectual spectrum so that they can be trained and prepared for a diverse and a competitive career path.
After completing the International Relations program students will be:
- Skilled in critically understanding and analysing international problems with an ability to respond to future developments with the necessary methods and tools.
- Able to acquire proficiency in English and be able to communicate effectively as well as prepare and deliver oral and written presentations using appropriate information technologies.
- Able to identify current issues and problems at various levels and will be able to find solutions to the problems.
- Able to work effectively individually or in teams.
- Able to understand and work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds in any organizational setting.
Requirements for Applications to Postgraduate Master’s programs of Near East University are as follows:
- Graduating from a BSc or BA level undergraduate program (Min. CGPA 2.50)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL and other Qualifications may be considered.
- Turkish Proficiency (Required only for foreign students applying to Departments whereby the language of instruction is Turkish. Students applying to the Faculty of Medicine or Dentistry are required to have knowledge of the Turkish Language before beginning clinical training).
Documents required for application:
- Copy of Undergraduate/Master’s diploma
- English Proficiency Results/Certificates
- Copy of passport
- 2 passport size photos
- 2 reference letters
- Curriculum Vitae
Diplomas conferred upon by the Near East University are accredited by YÖK as well as many international accreditation institutions. Our university has a full membership of IAU (International Association of Universities), an academic authority within the body of United Nations. We are also a full member of EUA (European University Association), an academic authority of the European Union and FUIW (Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World). These memberships are certified by the special seals on our diplomas. Also, Our policy is to establish academic affiliations with innumerable universities and the other foreign higher education institutions to provide our academicians with exchange programs.