Photos of university / #sheffhallamuni
This course develops professional and management expertise in tourism. It is suitable for people who work or want to work in the industry, or come from other backgrounds.
The international tourism industry is growing rapidly and covers a diverse range of areas.
* tourist boards
* tour operators
* visitor attractions
* destination marketing organisations.
This growth has created many career opportunities for qualified managers with knowledge of the industry. On this course you increase your knowledge and understanding of the international tourism industry and management issues by
* analysing the external and internal business environment
* learning to predict global trends
* examining the different types of tourist organisations
* developing an integrated approach to managing international tourism
* considering the international tourism industry environment
* studying the political, social and economic influences
* exploring areas such as government tourism policy and planning, marketing and consumer behaviour
* developing the research and problem-solving skills you need for study at masters level and for your future career
You study tourism development and explore the link between various elements of diverse tourism environments, such as the different social, environment and political impacts of tourism development in different countries. You also examine the increasingly global reach tourism in tourism and globalisation.
There are many and varied opportunities in the leisure and tourism industries from large multinational companies to small family businesses.
* national tourist organisations
* visitor attractions
* resort management
* international tour operators
* government agencies.
* sector industry analysis
* tourism policy and planning
* managing people
Semester two core modules
* tourism and globalisation
* tourist destination management and marketing
* research consultancy project
* research methods
Semester two options
* corporate social responsibility in tourism and hospitality
* research sustainable tourism
This course is accredited by the Tourism Management Institute, which is the leading professional body for destination managers.