This programme has been developed to meet the growing need for postgraduate skills within the engineering industry, and the demand for professional development for graduate engineers. The programme integrates the mechanical engineering subjects with key generic skills in management and research methods. This approach will help to develop your critical thinking skills as a future engineering manager, or technical specialist enabling you to effectively analyse technical and management issues. The University of Hertfordshire has a worldwide reputation for excellence in applied mechanical engineering. This international reputation will give you the opportunity to study with graduates from universities worldwide. You will benefit from the expertise of guest speakers from industry where relevant and appropriate.
The programme will:
* provide education and experience to support your professional employment and career development within the industry
* focus on the links between engineering analysis and design and supporting management skills management
* provide a blend of knowledge and application experience through case studies and project work
* equip you with the theory and practice of relevant subjects, technologies and analytical tools to provide solutions for mechanical and related manufacturing problems
* Advanced Thermodynamics and Thermal Systems
* CFD Techniques
* Control of Mechanical Systems
* Dynamics and Performance of Mechanical Systems
* FEA & Applications
* MSc Projects
* Operations Management
* Operations Research
* Quality, Reliability & Maintenance
Accredited for Chartered Engineer (CEng) status by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) and by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS).