The job of Media and Communication (Professional) includes a compulsory 12-month paid job positioning. You'll benefit from Swinburne's unique industry ventures, acquire valuable full-time work experience and earn credit towards your degree. The program is designed to offer students with the latest knowledge and skills that will prepare them for a variety of roles in the dynamic and changing industries related to media and communication. The level takes a tactical approach to media and communication and links theoretical and practical knowledge and techniques necessary to work efficiently in diverse settings within industry. Candidates will be qualified for jobs in settings such as bureaus, not-for-profits, government departments, business and large business organisations.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- VCE prerequisites: Units 3 and 4: the absolute minimum study score of 25 in English (or equivalent) or even 30 in English (EAL). More performance criteria and requirement requirements may also apply. English language requirements - satisfactory conclusion of a few of the following: Swinburne's English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 higher level level) with overall 70%, all skills 65 percent
- Minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) minimum score of 79 with a studying ring a minimum of 18 and writing ring a minimum of 20
- Pearson (PTE) minimum score of 58 (no communicative skills significantly less than 50)
- every equal assessment of English language proficiency. Notice: A necessity for several lessons, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can now be done on campus in Hawthorn.