Photos of university / #bsb.international
The Master of Science Corporate Finance & Investment Banking aims to cultivate and develop an advanced knowledge of international business management and finance. This programme was built around the CFA requirements, providing you with the necessary skills and expertise to succeed in the challenging careers of investment banking, private equity, corporate banking and the financial advisory sector.
If you have strong mathematical abilities and technical skills and you are looking to acquire in-depth knowledge of corporate decision-making at a global level, then this is the perfect programme for you. The course will teach you techniques to assess acquisitions, manage cash flow, engage in market risk analysis and raise capital in financial markets.
BSB benefits from its own House of Finance, a unique space dedicated to finance and corporate governance integrating pedagogy and research. It contains offices for eight teacher-researchers and separate classrooms for each specialisation such as Corporate Finance, Banking & Asset Management, and Financial Control.
The Bloomberg Trading Room
Known as one of the most remarkable trade centres among French business schools, this room is equipped with 12 triple screen stations and wall screens broadcasting financial news continuously. It can accommodate up to 25 students at a time and is often a hive of activity. Bloomberg provides a large volume of information and real data, the same as that used by professionals and operators in trading rooms and banks.
FAST PACED CURRICULUM
Professors at BSB continuously adapt their teaching methods and curriculum to keep up with the fast pace of change in today’s society. Classwork is often enhanced through case studies, workshops, field trips, conferences, and guest lectures.
- Institutional Markets Dynamics You will analyse financial innovations and developments, through an economic analysis of financial markets (Bale III, Fixed income, Carbon Finance Market, rating).
- Financial Mathematics & VBA To supply the essential foundations of financial calculation; to explore the concepts and state-of-the-art methods in integrating ERP.
- Derivatives, Risk and Hedging To introduce principles of derivatives and to present the basic concepts behind options, futures, forwards, swap, convertible debt and VaR.
- Financial Strategy Provides theoretical and analytical knowledge required in making financial policy decisions on what projects and other business activities a firm should invest in.
- Merger and Acquisition Strategic context regarding mergers & acquisitions from an international perspective. It includes an overview of corporate restructuring through analysis of M&As, overview of causes of financial distress, key indicators, crisis management and solutions.
- Fundamentals of Corporate Finance and Financial planning Introducing you to the role and objectives of financial managers and the information they use in applying valuation principles to make optimal decisions.
- Chrono Diagnosis In groups of four to six students, you will prepare a strategic diagnosis of a company quoted in France or abroad (equity research report and M&A report).
- Research Methods Research methods for business students and preparation for writing a dissertation.
- CFA Certification - preparation and training for the CFA certification
- Financial analysis - financial statements and modern accounting principles, interpretation of financial statements and ‘window dressing’. Credit and risk analysis (liquidity risk analysis and ratios). Introduction to the theory and application of consolidated financial statements taking an IFRS approach.
- Options, Futures and derivatives - provides the basic concepts of Derivatives trading and pricing. You will learn the common principles of Derivatives; their uses, how their contracts are designed, and their pricing.
- LBO, Private Equity & Valuation - give the students the principles of a financial transaction with leverage (IPO, LBO, MBO). we focus our attention on what is generally referred to as enterprise valuation.
- Advanced Corporate Finance - the modern corporate is a very efficient and effective means of raising capital, obtaining needed resources and generating products and services.
- Enterprise Risk Management - enterprise risk managers provide the leadership, innovation, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, manage, and monitor an organization's portfolio of risks.
- Tax aspects of transactions and restructuring - to familiarize the students with the major principles that govern the tax system of companies (Merger, splits, asset transfers.
- Professional seminar - meeting with professionals in the banking industry, financial and market industry.
- Strategy and Business Modeling - you discover different strategic tools to evaluate environmental threats and opportunities, including the industry competitive forces analysis. You learn how to identify company strengths and weaknesses and how to develop competencies.
- Field trips - students have the exclusive opportunity to attend financial and investment conferences specific to student’s interests.
Practical, hands-on teaching approach with projects from real corporate environments
Students are given a unique opportunity to get engaged in buy-side or sell-side research roles, acquiring in-depth knowledge of corporate decision-making in an international arena and learning techniques that help students to assess acquisitions, manage cash flow, engage in market risk analysis and raise capital in financial markets.
The Chrono-diagnosis takes place over the course of one week and the name of the company is revealed at the last minute, making the project and research activity not only useful and fulfilling, but also exciting.
Applicants should have a non-French Bachelor’s degree (3 or 4 years) or 240 ECTS in mathematics, statistics, economy, engineering, business or equivalent subject.
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEIC: 750
- TOEFL IBTL: 74-79
- Duolingo: 95
Tuition fee for the MSc Corporate Finance & Investment Banking is €14,000. This rate is guaranteed throughout your course and is all-inclusive covering tuition, academic support, campus facilities, conferences and field trips.
Scholarships for international students
For the September 2022 intake we are offering 25 merit-based scholarships for talented students coming from all around the world.
- 18 Silver Scholarships (25% reduction of tuition fees)
- 7 Gold Scholarships (50% reduction of tuition fees)
The sooner you apply, the greater your chances
Be quick - 80% of our scholarships will be awarded each month from December to April. Get your application in before the next deadline:
- 15 December 2021
- 14 January 2022
- 15 February 2022
- 15 March 2022
- 15 April 2022
The remaining 20% of BSB's scholarships will be allocated on a rolling basis between 16 April and 15 June.
By completing the MSc Corporate Finance & Investment Banking, you will be trained for the CFA Certificate, completing examinations at the end of the course and receiving the two levels of a CFA charter, which is one of the highest distinctions you can earn in the investment management profession. It shows employers a strong level of expertise and guaranteed skills in investment analysis, asset management, and ethics.
You will have the exclusive opportunity to attend financial and investment conferences and take other field trips to provide you with insights into the challenging yet intriguing world of investment banking. You will visit the Banque de France trading room in Paris, a multinational investment bank such as BNP Paribas Bank, and a financial institution which facilitates corporate tie-ups and partnerships.
This master's programme adopts a uniquely designed Chrono-Diagnosis method. Working in a group of six, you will learn how to strategically analyse a public company and engage in buy-side or sell-side research roles. You’ll also learn how to compose an equity research and M&A report, and practice presenting to investment bankers in a professional environment.