Photos of university / #bsb.international
Once again a pioneer and constantly on the pulse of the industry’s evolution, the School of Wine & Spirits Business now offers the first postgraduate level programme of its kind in the world.
The MSc Sustainable Wine Tourism & Gastronomy is designed to meet the growing recruitment needs of many wineries and spirits brands that are developing their tourism activities around their region, history and products. Moreover, the pressure on today’s climate creates an urgent need for companies involved in agritourism to recruit employees and managers to lead an effective transition towards a more balanced approach to food production and travel.
This distinctive program is taught by practitioners and academics with experience in sustainable tourism, sustainable wine tourism and sustainable gastronomy. It is built around core courses complemented by visits to companies plus field trips in France and abroad to discover innovative sustainable practices in the food, wine and travel industries.
FAST PACED CURRICULUM
Professors at BSB continuously adapt their teaching methods and curriculum to keep up with the fast pace of change in today’s society. Classwork is often enhanced through case studies, workshops, field trips, conferences, and guest lectures.
- Sustainable tourism: history, theory & practices
- Strategic food & beverage management
- Sustainable wine tourism: definition & applications
- Organic, natural wines & impact of global warming on viticultural practices
- Corporate finance for the tourism & gastronomy industries
- Entrepreneurship for gastronomy & tourism
- Grapes & wines of the world
- Specialist lectures and meetings with industry representatives
- Field trips in Occitany & Catalonia
- Discovery of sustainable businesses in the wine, wine tourism & gastronomy sectors
- Sustainable gastronomy
- Sustainable food tourism
- Eco-friendly architecture
- Marketing sustainable wine tourism & gastronomy
- Digitalisation processes
- Territorial marketing
- Food & wine pairing and introduction to sommelery
- Business projects in partnership with companies
- Tourism, wine and culture, and gastronomy fairs
- One-week intensive immersion in Lyon discovering gastronomy
- Hackathon in the Loire Valley
Professional Thesis and Optional Internship
International applicants should have a non-French Bachelor’s degree in any field (3 or 4 years) or 240 ECTS.
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEIC: 750
- TOEFL IBTL: 74
- Duolingo: 95
Tuition fees for the Master of Science Sustainable Wine Tourism & Gastronomy are €14,000. This rate is guaranteed throughout your course and is all-inclusive covering tuition, academic support, campus facilities, conferences and field trips.
Scholarships for international students
For the September 2022 intake we are offering 4 merit-based scholarships for talented students coming from all around the world.
- 2 Premier Cru (25% reduction of tuition fees)
- 2 Grand Cru (50% reduction of tuition fees)
The sooner you apply, the greater your chances
Be quick - we review applicants for potential scholarships each month. Get your application in before the next deadline:
- 15 December 2021
- 14 January 2022
- 15 February 2022
- 15 March 2022
- 15 April 2022
The MSc Sustainable Wine Tourism & Gastronomy programme also provides specialist lectures and meetings with industry representatives, holding discussions and seminars on topics such as:
- Marketing & Distribution Issues
- Burgundy Producers
- Wine Tastings and Food Pairings
- New Tasting Approaches: Wines from around the world
The classrooms are diverse, meaning that each student has an opportunity to learn a new perspective from their peers, leading to a higher growth potential and stronger