Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
The Family Studies and Human Services program at Kansas State University focuses on the development of the individual in a family context. The program also emphasizes development of individuals across the lifespan. Courses allow students to examine issues such as:
- Processes underlying human development across the life cycle.
- Factors that enhance, support and/or impede the development of healthy interpersonal relationships, especially those within the family.
- The interactions among the individual, the family and the larger culture/society.
- Identifying and applying best practices when working directly with individuals and families, with particular attention to ethical guidelines and principles of the human services field.
Students learn to implement and assess programs and services designed to strengthen and enhance individual and family well-being. This program is approved by the National Council of Family Relations, or NCFR, for the Certified Family Life Educator, or CFLE designation. This program is offered on the
Manhattan campus, the Salina campus and online.
The FSHS program is interdisciplinary and offers a broad range of course work and experiences
that allow graduates to have a number of career options.
Graduates are prepared to enter the extensive human services arena. For example, youth, family and community service programs; residential programs; the judicial system; cooperative extension; higher education; elder care facilities; religious institutions; human resources; and public health programs.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline May (for Fall intake), October (for Spring intake) Tuition fee
- USD 275 Module (National)
- USD 827 Module (International)
*Tuition fee per credit hourStart date January,August 2015 Credits 120 credit hours
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentProfessional FSHS courses (38 credit hours):
- Family Financial Planning as a Career
- Introduction to Personal and Family Finance
- Introduction to Human Development
- The Helping Relationship
- Family and Consumer Economics
- Advanced Personal and Family Finance
- Professional Seminar in Family Financial Planning
- Financial Counseling
- Families, Employment Benefits, and Retirement Planning
- Investing for the Family's Future
- Estate Planning for Families
- Insurance Planning for Families
- Personal Income Taxation
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
RequirementsIncoming students apply to K-State through the general university admissions process.
- Online international student undergraduate application
- $80 USD application fee
- A copy of your passport photo page
- Affidavit of Financial Support (pdf) and bank statement
- High school and university transcripts
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Kansas State University.
K-States theatre program is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre, and it is the only accredited program in Kansas.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Accreditation:Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.