Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
This online degree offered within the School of Family Studies and Human Services, allows students to better understand families, and the management and delivery of services to them in a community context. Students will develop a research-based perspective to understand individual, family, interpersonal, and community dynamics while gaining essential skills in leadership, management, and implementation of family and community service programs.
This program, includes 10 three-credit courses that focus on understanding families and individual development, and for delivery and managing services to families in community context. In addition to required courses, program completion involves two three-credit elective courses providing capstone experiences to prepare a written case study for a final oral examination.
* Foundations and Principles of Family and Community Services
* Family Resource Management
* Family Dynamics
* Lifespan Development
* Interpersonal Relationships
* Resilience in Families
* Program Administration and Management
* Program Design, Evaluation, and Implementation
* Parenting Education
* Crises Across the Lifespan
Most graduate students are able to finance their education with a variety of financial assistance tools specific to graduate school:
* Graduate Assistantships: Funded by individual departments and graduate programs, teaching, research and graduate assistantships are awarded based on a student's ability and promise.
* Graduate Fellowships
* Loans: Loans are available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have successfully applied for financial assistance
* Traineeships: Traineeships are offered through the university or departments that have federally supported traineeships.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.