Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
Want to dedicate your career to helping young people lead better lives? Family and consumer sciences educators teach teens and adults the skills they need to be healthy individuals and build strong families.
This licensure program is for students who plan to teach family and consumer sciences at the middle, junior high, senior high or postsecondary levels. Family and consumer sciences education directly addresses the needs of individuals and families related to nurturing relationships, parenting education, healthy lifestyles and resource management.
Programs focus on parenting education, consumer practices, healthy lifestyle choices, nutrition and food decisions, food science, human relations skills, personal development, textiles and apparel choices, balancing family and work, and general employability skills.These programs emphasize management and problem-solving skills needed to be a responsible and productive individual, family member and employee.
Career Pathways addressed in family and consumer sciences education include consumer services, early childhood development, family and community services, restaurant and hospitality services, travel and tourism, and teaching/training.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline May (for Fall intake), October (for Spring intake) Tuition fee
- USD 275 Module (National)
- USD 728 Module (International)
*Tuition fee per credit hourStart date January,September 2015 Credits 132-133 credit hours
Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentProfessional studies (91 credit hours)
- Apparel Consumers and Society
- Introduction to Personal and Family Finance
- Introduction to Human Sexuality
- Early Childhood
- Pre-Professional Experiences in Early Childhood Unified
- Family Relationships and Gender Roles
- Working with Parents
- Human Needs
- Seminar in Human Ecology
- Basic Nutrition
- Personal Wellness
- Science of Food
- Design and Behavior in the Interior Environment
- Family and Consumer Economics Credits: (3) OR
- Middle Childhood and Adolescence Credits: (3) OR
- The Family Credits: (3)
- Orientation to Teacher Education at KSU
- Educational Technology for Teaching and Learning
- Teaching as a Career
- Early Field Experience
- Foundations of Education
- Introduction to Human Development
- Online international student undergraduate application
- $80 USD application fee
- A copy of your passport photo page
- Affidavit of Financial Support (pdf) and bank statement
- High school and university transcripts
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Kansas State University.
FundingScholarships are available through the College of Human Ecology and the university.
K-States theatre program is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre, and it is the only accredited program in Kansas.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Accreditation:Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.