Photos of university / #sdstatepics
Graduates of the College of Education and Human Sciences find employment in a wide range of government, industry, education, and small business settings.Many of our students find employment in human services agencies; others pursue careers in a wide range of health-related settings. Still other graduates find satisfaction as researchers or university faculty, whether at South Dakota State or another institution. Also, many of our majors move into management or ownership roles in large and small businesses across the state and nation.
The faculty at the College of Education and Human Services are involved in a wide range of research, scholarship, and creative activity. As a part of their ongoing professional activities, we expect all faculty members to take part in the development of new knowledge. We also strongly encourage faculty members to seek external funding to support and grow their research programs. Currently, the College receives over $3 million in external grants and contracts annually, along with an additional $1 million in Agriculture Experiment Station funding.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline June for Fall semester; November for Spring semester Tuition fee
- USD 7909 Year (National)
- USD 18044 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentMajor Requirements
- Family Resource Management Lab
- or Family Resiliency
- History and Culture of the American Indian
- Indians of North America
- Ready-To-Wear Analysis and Lab
- Consumers in the Market
- Foundations in Financial Management
- Health, Safety and Nutrition of Young Children
- Human Development and Personality I: Childhood
- Guidance with Young Children and Lab
- Work Force Preparation in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Introduction to Interior Design I and Lab
- Human Development II: Adolescence
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Food, People and the Environment
- Foods Principles and Lab
- Survey of Nutrition
- Philosophy of Career and Technical Education
- Human Relations
- Computer-Based Technology and Learning
- Middle School: Philosophy and Application
- Educational Psychology
- Supervised Clinical/Field Experience
- Reading and Content Literacy
- Teaching Methods and Lab
- Educating Secondary Students with Disabilities
- Philosophy and Methods Family and Consumer Sciences
- Preparation for Student Teaching in FSCE and Lab
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than South Dakota State University.
FundingSDSU offers a variety of academic scholarships. Awards are based on academic achievement, activities participation and leadership.
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education Programs (NCATE)