The overriding aim of the Department of Plant Biology and Pathology is to have positive transformative impacts locally, nationally, and internationally in areas of plant agriculture, biotechnology, horticulture, and basic plant biology and pathology. Impacts that relate to the Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey; School of Environmental and Biological Sciences; and New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station missions are essential to the continued growth of the department, school, and experiment station. Continued impacts will ensure relevance of the school and experiment station long into the future. To ensure these goals, the department has set forth a vision and departmental guidelines and is aligned with research centers and institutes to help serve the state of New Jersey.
B.S. in Plant ScienceOptions:
- Horticulture and Turf Industry
- Professional Preparation
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline February, October Tuition fee
- USD 13683 Year (National)
- USD 27978 Year (International)
Course ContentI. School Mission: Interdisciplinary Critical AnalysisII. Introductory Life and Physical Sciences
A. Life Sciences
- General Biology
- General Chemistry
- Introduction to Experimentation
IV. Multicultural and International Studies
V. Human Behavior, Economic Systems, and Political Processes
VI. Oral and Written Communication
VII. Experience-Based Education
VIII. Proficiency in Plant Science
- Introductory Geology I: Physical
- Precalculus College Mathematics or Basic Statistics for Research
- Agricultural Entomology and Pest Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Management or Management: Human Systems Development
- Soils and Their Management or Soil Ecology or Soil Quality
- General Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Plant Breeding
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Our primary emphasis is placed on the students academic promise as demonstrated by:
- completion of required entrance subjects
- academic performance in high school or its equivalent:
- strength of academic program (number/type of academic, honors, or advanced placement courses completed)
- grades and grade trends
- weighted grade-point average(s)
- cumulative rank, when available
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- English Proficiency Examination results, when required
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Rutgers uses your FAFSA to develop a financial-aid package based on your qualifications, financial need and the funds available to the university. Your package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources:
- Gift aid does not require repayment and is divided into three categories: grants (which recognize financial need) and scholarships and awards (which recognize academic merit, special talents, or other achievements).
- Loans must be repaid (usually after graduation) and can come from private lenders as well as federal, state and university sources.
- Work-study allows students to earn money for college expenses while gaining valuable skills - often in their intended field.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.