Photos of university / #uniofbath
The MA in TESOL is a specialist degree for educators who wish to enhance their career prospects in the field of teaching of English as a second, foreign or additional language. It provides the tools and resources that you need in order to develop your teaching skills, reflect upon you professional practice and conduct your own research. The programme places particular emphasis on helping you to develop appropriate methods and materials to suit your social and cultural context.
* The MA in TESOL is delivered jointly by the Department of Education and the English Language Centre of the University of Bath, providing a unique blend of practical and research expertise.
* There are full-time and part-time programmes, so you can either take a year out or fit your studies around your work.
* It is a continually developing programme that takes into account the most recent developments in the policy and practice of international language education.
* The MA in TESOL can be studied concurrently with the widely recognised Cambridge ESOL Delta. (There are specific entry requirements for the MA in TESOL with Delta pathway.)
* Credits equivalent to two MA units are offered to students who already hold either a Cambridge ESOL Delta or a Trinity College LTCL Diploma TESOL.
Qualifications and durations
* MA in TESOL (full-time 1 year, part-time 2-5 years)
* MA in TESOL with Delta (12-15 months)
* MA in TESOL
* MA in TESOL with Delta
Within the MA in TESOL programme there are two different study pathways.
* MA TESOL
* MA TESOL with Delta
Both study pathways include the following taught units:
* Research Methods in Education
* Second Language Acquisition
* Language Teaching Methodology & Curriculum
Each of these units is assessed by a 5,000 word assignment.
The degree is concluded with a 15,000 word dissertation grounded in the field of TESOL.
This specialist degree is designed to meet the needs of those wishing to enhance their career prospects in the teaching of English as a second, foreign or additional language.