This course will give the intellectual, practical and personal skills for any number of career paths in the civil engineering industry, including structural design, project management and sustainable design and construction.
To provide the latest specialist knowledge and technical competence, all design-related modules are taught in accordance with the new structural Eurocodes.
1. Investigation and Testing of Structural Elements of Buildings
2. The Finite Element Method (General Course)
3. Reinforcement of Structures
1. Rheology of Structural Elements
2. Structural Analysis (special course)
3. Optimization in Engineering Design
4. Metrology, Investigation and Testing of Structures
5. Management of Quality in Construction
6. Buildings Elements Protection
7. Technology of Building Repair Works
8. Fundamentals of Research and Patents
9. Interactive Computer Graphics
10. Modern materials for developing construction
11. Introduction to Theory of Elasticity,Viscoelasticity and Plasticit
12. Computer Aided Design in Structural Optimization
13. Engineering Geology of Latvia
14. Special Course of Geotechnical Engineering
15. Modern Methods and Equipment for Industrial Waste Treatment and Recycling
16. Modern Building Machines and Equipment
Subjects of Civil engineering are taught by academic staff of high qualification professors, associated professors, docents and lecturers.