Photos of university / #utsystemstudentadvisorycouncil
Benefits of the Program:
- MPA students interact with business professionals through the MPA Distinguished Speaker Lyceum, receptions, team competitions, workshops and internships.
- The MPA program offers study abroad opportunities to prepare students for the global focus of todays business world.
- MPA students are heavily recruited by nearly 200 organizations in a wide variety of industries, and most students accept a job offer before graduating.
- MPA students pass the CPA exam at rates much higher than the statewide average.
The Texas MPA offers a flexible, challenging curriculum that takes into account your experience, skills and career goals. Through participation in case-based graduate level classes, you will expand your creativity, think on your feet, and have the opportunity to apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world situations.Courses:
- ACC 180C - MPA Distinguished Speaker Lyceum
- ACC 381 - Financial Accounting
- ACC 387.1 - Managerial Accounting
- BA 285T - Financial Management
- LEB 380.30 - Legal Environment of Business for MPAs
- ACC 380K.1 - Financial Accounting Standards and Analysis I
- ACC 380K.4 - Introduction to Assurance Services
- ACC 380K.11 - Introduction to Taxation
- ACC 380K.13 - Information Technology for Accounting and Control
Graduate students at The University of Texas at Austin generally support themselves in one of the following ways: departmental aid in the form of scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships; fellowships administered by the Office of Graduate Studies; need-based financial aid administered by the Office of Student Financial Services (OSFS), and outside funding or employment.