Photos of university / #sdstatepics
The major in Agricultural and Resource Economics provides a rigorous education in economic theory and quantitative methods applied to agriculture and resource management. Students develop analytical and critical-thinking skills, and are well prepared for careers in agricultural policy analysis, natural resource stewardship, or future graduate study.
The curriculum emphasizes:
1) Economic theory
2) Agricultural Economics
3) Quantitative methods
4) Agricultural and Biological Science electives
Students interested in pursuing a graduate degree in agricultural economics or related fields are well prepared with an agricultural and resource economics degree. In addition, students have found success with careers in agricultural policy analysis, environmental research, international trade, and agricultural finance.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline June for Fall semester; November for Spring semester Tuition fee
- USD 4031 Year (National)
- USD 18044 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentMajor Core Coursework Economic Theory
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Resource and Environmental Economics
- Resource and Environmental Economics
- Farm and Ranch Management
- Agricultural Marketing
- Agricultural Policy
- Capstone elective
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Mathematical Economics
- Students will take two courses from another discipline within the ABS College
- Accounting I
- Accounting II
- Technical Communication
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than South Dakota State University.
AccreditationSouth Dakota State University has been granted the full, ten-year reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. An accreditation team of representatives from peer institutions commended SDSU for:
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Quality new facilities
- Excellent student leadership
- Shared governance
- Partnerships with local community
- Robust and Integrated assessment program
- Successful transition to NCAA Division I Athletics