Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
The Ph.D. requires a minimum of 90 semester credit hours beyond the bachelors degreeincluding 60 hours of course work and 30 hours of dissertation research. A masters degree is required and up to 30 hours from the students Masters degree may be applied toward the course work requirement. A program of study will be individually planned to capitalize on the interests, goals, and disciplinary backgrounds of the student and faculty. A preliminary written examination and oral defense are required upon completing two-thirds of the program of study. A dissertation and oral defense of the dissertation are required.
* Strategic Economic Analysis of Apparel and Textile Industries
* Consumers in the Apparel and Textile Market
* Dissertation Proposal Seminar
* Grantsmanship and Publication
* Dissertation Research in Apparel and Textiles
* Principles of College Teaching
An applicant to the Graduate School at Kansas State University must have a bachelor's degree substantially the same as the ones granted by Kansas State University. That is, it must represent a broad range of courses in the basic academic disciplines. Applicants whose degrees do not meet these standards may be denied admission to graduate degree programs at Kansas State University.
Admission is denied to applicants holding bachelor's degrees with a significant amount of credit for work that was not supervised by a faculty member of an accredited college or university or evaluated in units that identify the academic content. A limited amount of credit for experience, when awarded as an acceptable part of a bachelor's degree for internships, fieldwork, or the like, is not a cause for denial but must be clearly identified as graded work.
English Language RequirementsIELTS band: 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test: 79
Most graduate students are able to finance their education with a variety of financial assistance tools specific to graduate school:
* Graduate Assistantships: Funded by individual departments and graduate programs, teaching, research and graduate assistantships are awarded based on a student's ability and promise.
* Graduate Fellowships
* Loans: Loans are available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have successfully applied for financial assistance
* Traineeships: Traineeships are offered through the university or departments that have federally supported traineeships.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.