Applied Information Technology program is an excellent bachelors degree program for students with an interest or background in technology, whether work-related or academic. This program prepares students well for todays technology-based careers, with relevant instruction in all aspects of personal computing including: multimedia telecommunications, technical writing, end-user information systems, troubleshooting, and hardware
New students receive the maximum amount of transfer credits for their one- or two-year IT degrees, as well as for previous IT credits earned. This gives students the opportunity to complete their education in the shortest time possible, and pursue their exciting new career paths in todays business world.
The applied information technology degree is designed to provide the flexibility to integrate specialized technology and skills into a customized information technology program. It is intended for individuals with degrees, diplomas, certificates or certifications in specialty areas, such as information technology, computer science, programming, networks, computer aided design and database, or other related areas. A minimum of 27 credit hours in one specialty area is required to complete this program. This degree prepares the graduate for advancement in management or technical areas associated with their specialty field. Two options are available under this program: (1) transfer of credit from the source of the specialty training, or (2) creation of a specialty area using approved National American University courses.
Graduates of this Program will be able to:
- Support the data management needs of business through the design, implementation, and maintenance of relational databases.
- Solve a variety of business problems through the application of structured program analysis and design concepts.
- Explain current networking technologies, including local area networks, wide area networks, the Internet, and the hardware and software used in constructing a network infrastructure.
- Implement and manage commonly used computer operating systems including both proprietary and open source systems.
- Identify, describe, install and configure the hardware associated with personal computer systems.
- Establish the information technology needs of a business, and plan an appropriate solution and procurement strategy.
- Demonstrate the use of project management techniques within an appropriate system analysis, and design lifecycle framework to develop an information system.
- Administer a network infrastructure designed to support management and production functions in business or industry.
Detailed Course Facts
Tuition per credit: $226 International fee: 730 annually *Albanian Students pay 365 annually
Not specified Start date October 2015 Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Delivery mode Online Educational variant Full-time Structure Fully structured Teacher support Continuous support with feedback on request
The minimum duration of this program is four (4) years.
- Year round classes allow you to finish your degree quickly.
- Online courses can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere there is an internet connection.
- Highly qualified faculty provide instruction in theory and practice.
- Free online tutoring in select subject areas.
- Access to qualified local professors and academic support services.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 500
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you to
take an IELTS test. More About IELTS
- Complete an application for admission.
- Provide evidence of completion of secondary-level education.
- Demonstrate English proficiency: TOEFL 500 or IELTS 5.0.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than New York College.