Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
Todays bakeries are often high-tech businesses involving complex equipment, formulations, organization and products. The industry has evolved to include allied companies that provide products ranging from bakery ingredients and flavors to mixes and equipment.
There are two options:
- Bakery Science and Management - Cereal Chemistry Option
- Bakery Science and Management - Production Management Option
Professional optionsThe number of positions available for graduates is greater than the supply. It is not unusual for students to have multiple job offers when they graduate. Average starting salaries after graduation are nearly 50 percent higher than the university average.
- Product development specialist
- Technical sales representative
- Production management
- Quality assurance
- Ingredient/equipment sales
- Labeling and regulatory technician
- Retail/wholesale ownership
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline May (for Fall intake), October (for Spring intake) Tuition fee
- USD 275 Module (National)
- USD 728 Module (International)
*Tuition fee per credit hourStart date January,September 2015 Credits 128 credit hour
Languages Take an IELTS test
- Principles of Biology
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Expository Writing I
- GSI Orientation
- Introduction to Grain Science and Industry
- Chemistry I
- Expo Writing II
- Public Speaking
- Principles of Milling
- Principles of Milling Lab
- General Calculus and Linear Algebra
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
- Online international student undergraduate application
- $80 USD application fee
- A copy of your passport photo page
- Affidavit of Financial Support (pdf) and bank statement
- High school and university transcripts
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Kansas State University.
The K-State program in bakery science and management was created at the request of bakers’ organizations in 1963, and the industry continues to support our program.
Because of extensive support from the baking and allied industries, one of every two bakery science students receives a scholarship worth between $1,000 and $6,000 per year.
K-States theatre program is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre, and it is the only accredited program in Kansas.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Accreditation:Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.