Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
The degree includes a combination of disciplines built around the study of the animal and pet feed business with emphasis on manufacturing management. Graduates are sought after by companies in the commercial feed and integrated livestock and allied industries.
Starting salaries are among the highest of graduates in the College of Agriculture. In addition, feed science graduates tend to move into positions of increasing responsibility and pay. It is not unusual to see graduates managing a plant or organization within a few years.
Students can be assured that their education and skills will be in demand throughout their working lives. The approximately 8,000 feed manufacturing locations in the United States produce more than 200 million tons of feed or feed concentrates a year and employ more than 100,000 people. The biofuel industry is growing and offers additional employment opportunities. The pet food option opens doors into a higher-margin world with limitless potential.
The feed science program at K-State began in 1951 at the request of industry representatives. Today it remains the only bachelors degree program in feed science in the world. K-States Department of Grain Science and Industry has an international reputation in the feed and allied industries. Students from all over the world come here to study. K-State is a regular recruiting stop for major companies.Career possibilities include plant operations and management in:
- Feed, pet food, biorefining and related industries
- Corporate management
- Quality control
- Research and development
- Ingredient procurement
- Processing facility design
- Equipment design and manufacturing
- Regulatory affairs
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline May (for Fall intake), October (for Spring intake) Tuition fee
- USD 275 Module (National)
- USD 728 Module (International)
*Tuition fee per credit hourStart date January,September 2015 Credits 127 credit hours
Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentGeneral Requirements:
- Accounting for Business Operations
- Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Introductory Organic and Biochemistry or
- General Organic Chemistry and
- General Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Principles of Biology
- General Microbiology
- Public Speaking IA
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Expository Writing
- Written Communication for the Sciences
- Grain Science & Industry Orientation
- Introduction to Grain Science and Industry
- Principles of Milling
- Principles of Milling Laboratory
- CAD Flow Sheets for Grain Processes
- Materials Handling
- Feed Technology Laboratory
- Management Applications in the Grain Processing Industries
- Cereal Food Plant Design and Construction
- Electricity and Its Control for the Grain Processing Industry
- Qualities of Feed Ingredients
- Internship in Grain Science
- Food and Feed Product Protection
- General Calculus and Linear Algebra
- General Physics
- Introduction to Statistics
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
- Online international student undergraduate application
- $80 USD application fee
- A copy of your passport photo page
- Affidavit of Financial Support (pdf) and bank statement
- High school and university transcripts
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Kansas State University.
Nearly two-thirds of the students in the feed science and management degree program receive a departmental scholarship ranging from $200 to $2,000 or more annually.
Most scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, although financial need is a secondary evaluation.
K-States theatre program is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Theatre, and it is the only accredited program in Kansas.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Accreditation:Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.