Students with an MBS in Urban Environmental Analysis & Management can work in urban planning, the environment, transport planning, and economic development.
The growing international competition in science innovation has created a demand for professionals who possess a unique skill set -- a balance of scientific training and business savvy. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is helping professionals respond to this challenge with a new degree: the Master of Business and Science (MBS). The MBS degree is part of a national movement of Professional Science Masters programs that brings together masters level study in science, engineering, and math with plus courses in business and policy. The MBS is a STEM degree.
The Master of Business & Science degree at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is a hybrid degree combining courses from an MS and MBA. Students choose an applied science concentration and that is paired with a business curriculum. The business curriculum consists of core courses in finance and accounting, marketing, communication and leadership, management of science and technology electives, ethics and a capstone course covering entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
* Resource Sustainability
* Air Pollution Measurement
* Geographic Information System
* Analytical Methods in Urban Environmental Pollution
* Environmental Soil Geochemistry
* Environmental Geology
* Applied Groundwater Modeling
* Electrical Environmental Geophysics
* Ground Penetrating Radar or Remote Sensing of Environment
* Introduction to Solid Waste Problems
* Site Remediation
* Environmental Impact Analysis
* Global Environmental Problems
* Ecological Risk Assessment
* Environmental Microbiology
* Legal Aspects in Environmental Engineering
* Hazardous Site Operations
* Physical Geography
* Hazardous Waste Management
* Environmental Problem Solving
* Quantitative Environmental Risk Assessment
* Toxicology for Engineers and Scientists
If you are pursuing a master's degree or professional, terminal degree, Rutgers can help you find fellowships and scholarships to support your advanced study.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
* Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
* More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
* Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.