Photos of university / #uofmichigan
Students must complete a minimum of 30 credit hours, including:
Core Curriculum (15 hours)
- KINESLGY 503 Legal Aspects of Sport (3 credits)
- KINESLGY 509 Financial Management for the Sport Industry (3 credits)
- KINESLGY 532 Organizational Behavior & Human Resources (3 credits)
- KINESLGY 514 Strategic Management in Sport (3 credits)
- KINESLGY 550 Marketing Management for the Sport Industry (3 credits)
Other Requirements (15+ hours)
- KINESLGY 615 Philosophy of Science and Research (3 credits)
- Sport Management elective(s) (3+ credits)
- Graduate-level statistics (3-4 credits)
- Cognate elective credits of student's choice (4+ credits): Any appropriate graduate-level course(s) will fulfill this Rackham requirement that a minimum of four credits must be taken outside the School of Kinesiology. Note: The remainder of the 30 credits will be from appropriate graduate-level courses offered by the School or by other U-M graduate programs.
The Masters Program in Sport Management is appropriate for individuals who have a desire to learn about the nuances of managing the Sport Enterprise. The Program is suitable for students in various academic disciplines including but not limited to: sport studies, business/management, marketing, finance/economics, health sciences, and social sciences. It is also appropriate for individuals seeking to improve their marketability for a career in the Sport Industry, and for Sport Industry professionals seeking knowledge for career advancement.